Daz Central and Windows 11?

Got a new machine, came with Windows 11, can't launch Daz Central. I just get "not responding"

I don't know if this is relevant, but after uninstalling I tried to delete the Daz 3D folder from Program Files and it won't because it's "in use". Done many restarts/shutdowns.

Comments

• hansolocambohansolocambo Posts: 649
    edited November 2022

can't launch Daz Central

I'd advise you to go for DIM. It's been tested for many more years. I reinstalled everything 2 days ago. Windows 11 x64 Pro. Everything works perfectly fine.

I tried to delete [...] and it won't because it's "in use"

Except for problems of permission per user (if you're not admin), the MUST have app with Windows to unlock anything, folders and subfolders, files, etc. is :
    EMCO UnLock IT. It's one of those few apps that I couldn't live a day without (also Voidtools Everything, SageThumbs, Ditto).

A file or folder you can't access, delete, etc ? Right click on it > Unlock it : done. I've been using UnLock IT for many years, it's pure magic. Never failed me once.

I tried to delete the Daz 3D folder from Program Files [...]

Seriously ?  ε=ε=ε=(۶•̀Д•́)۶

Do not ever do that FFS !

Use Revo Uninstaller. It's the Rolls Royce of uninstallers. But do not delete installed programs manually ! There are WAY more traces of installed applications in Windows than what you can imagine. If you want an unstable OS, a nice BSOD ? that's the way to go !

/(;-_-)

Post edited by hansolocambo on
  • hansolocambo said:

I tried to delete the Daz 3D folder from Program Files [...]

Seriously ?  ε=ε=ε=(۶•̀Д•́)۶

Do not ever do that FFS !

Use Revo Uninstaller. It's the Rolls Royce of uninstallers. But do not delete installed programs manually ! There are WAY more traces of installed applications in Windows than what you can imagine. If you want an unstable OS, a nice BSOD ? that's the way to go !

/(;-_-)

As I said, I uninstalled it first.

I've switched to DIM as you suggested, thanks!