HDD vs SDD load time question

Hey folks,

for the longest time my m.2 ssd was too small to keep anything on it. i recently upgraded to a 1tb.

i read in a seperate thread that ssd load times for daz are directly faster than hdd (duh lol).

my question is simple, if i uninstall studio and move the app itself to the ssd, will the load times be better or would i need to move my entire content library to the ssd as well to notice a difference?

Thanks a ton in advance. :)

Comments

• Reading data from disc depends on the disc the data is on, not the disc the application is on. However, if you have a large collection of characters or morph sets installed figure loads are heavily dependent on the processing of the data after load, which will not be affected by the install location - loading big files (textues, bif props) would benefit from a faster disc, however.

• hansolocambohansolocambo Posts: 649
    edited November 2022

would i need to move my entire content library

When you just install Daz and load a G8, it's all happening in the blink of an eye. What slows things down is your library, mainly the morphs that are loaded everytime you load a G8.

So the answer is definitely yes. Library on an SSD makes a tremendous difference in terms of loading time.

The only big problem with SSDs is that once you try them, there's no turning back ;)

Post edited by hansolocambo on
  • Thank you richard and... han solo! hahaha. i appreciate the info. i may need to look into a 2-4tb ssd to move my library over. dont want to jampack my C drive haha