Dforce crash after new update: there is a solution? Help, please.

nikijunpei81nikijunpei81 Posts: 37

Hi, i know that after the new update dforce seems to have problems, but I need it for many of my renders and the dresses without simulation are very unnatural.Can i ask you if we have a temporary solution? Or i have to wait only for a new update? And, more importtant, is it a problem and a bug for everyone, or it is only my problem?

Thank you.

Post edited by nikijunpei81 on

Comments

• This is most likely your nVidia driver version - 522+ currently have an issue in OpenCL that causes dForce to fail, this is known and nVidia is working on it on but in the meantime you should, if possible, roll back to the 517 drivers.

• Thank you Richard. I'll try to reinstall the old driver

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 4,032

I just updated to the new Beta, 4.21.1.13 this afternoon on my MacBook Pro M1 and this being a fresh install, I had not modified the previous version yet. But I am finding the Beta very prone to crashing when I try to install a set of scripts from 3D Universe which had no issue on my older installation before my MBP was reformatted. As it is I am now saving with every change or closing down correctly, just so I won't have to redo scripts saved as shortcuts in favorites or 'scripts' in the top menu bar.

Since there is no Nvidia driver, is something else going on?