Daz Studio Pro BETA - version 4.22.0.15! (*UPDATED*)

Comments

• The emrged things now appear in the 4.22.0.x entries, the ones left in the 4.22.1.x entries are still "future" builds, which we won't see until the 4.22.0.x version has a final release and we move on to prep for (probably) 4.23.0.1

• RayDAntRayDAnt Posts: 1,127
    edited December 2023

Can confirm 4.22.0.10 is still using the older Iray 2022.1.7, build 363600.4887 release. If you check the DS log file it reports:

Using iray plugin version 5.5, build 363600.4887 n, 15 Apr 2023, nt-x86-64-vc142.

Which is a match for the build number for 2022.1.7 (the 5.5 version number is referring to the "Iray as a plugin" version tracking iirc.) For some reason either Daz or the Iray developers affected a source code change earlier this year that confusingly drops the YEAR.MAJOR_VERSION.MINOR_VERSION syntax from the reported Iray version number in the log file. Don't  know why.

Post edited by RayDAnt on
  • RayDAnt said:

Can confirm 4.22.0.10 is still using the older Iray 2022.1.7, build 363600.4887 release. If you check the DS log file it reports:

Using iray plugin version 5.5, build 363600.4887 n, 15 Apr 2023, nt-x86-64-vc142.

Which is a match for the build number for 2022.1.7 (the 5.5 version number is referring to the "Iray as a plugin" version tracking iirc.) For some reason either Daz or the Iray developers affected a source code change earlier this year that confusingly drops the YEAR.MAJOR_VERSION.MINOR_VERSION syntax from the reported Iray version number in the log file. Don't  know why.

The reproting change would most likely be down to nVidia, Daz is just passing on the information it gets as far as I know.

• RayDAntRayDAnt Posts: 1,127

Richard Haseltine said:

RayDAnt said:

The reproting change would most likely be down to nVidia, Daz is just passing on the information it gets as far as I know.

The command for calling that version string still appears to be part of the Iray API, meaning that the choice to no longer include it in the log file (to save on log lines?) would've been a Daz developer decision, not an Iray developer one. Prior releases used to print it like eg.:

API:MISC ::   0.0   API    misc info : Iray RTX 2019.1.3, build 317500.3714, 19 Jul 2019, nt-x86-64

• jbowlerjbowler Posts: 752

What does this mean:

>2023-12-12 17:40:57.316 [WARNING] :: \src\sdksource\general\dzcontentmgr.cpp(1851): Nested directory encountered while adding a content folder: G:/DAZStudio/Genesis-81 : G:/DAZStudio/Genesis-8

I have two CMS directories, one for explicit 8.1 content, calls ".../Genesis-81" and the other for G8 content ".../Genesis-8".  This would seem to be a problem, "WARNING", what are the rules?  Is it no-leading-prefix (so I have to rename ".../Genesis-8" as ".../Genesis-80"?)

• jbowlerjbowler Posts: 752

Some more warnings:

2023-12-12 17:41:03.408 [INFO] :: Successfully created OpenGL viewport for AuxViewportView.
    2023-12-12 17:42:02.556 [WARNING] :: QFile::flush: No file engine. Is IODevice open?
    2023-12-12 17:42:02.786 [WARNING] :: No DzLightsPane instance could be found in DzLGHTSBaseAction::getPane()
    2023-12-12 17:42:02.786 [WARNING] :: No DzLightsPane instance could be found in DzLGHTSShowHiddenAction::init()
    2023-12-12 17:42:02.786 [WARNING] :: No DzLightsPane instance could be found in DzLGHTSBaseAction::getPane()
    2023-12-12 17:42:02.786 [WARNING] :: No DzLightsPane instance could be found in DzLGHTSSyncWithSceneAction::init()

The first one sounds pretty serious.

I'm getting these warnings at startup; I haven't got round to loading a real scene and, so far as I can see, DS hasn't started loading my own configuration.  When it does I see more ("script error line90") which is presumably because layout.dsx is corrupted but I can see no way of fixing it.  It would be good to have a beta without the startup warnings then, maybe, we have a chance to actually see what problems currently exist in 4.21+

• jbowler said:

What does this mean:

>2023-12-12 17:40:57.316 [WARNING] :: \src\sdksource\general\dzcontentmgr.cpp(1851): Nested directory encountered while adding a content folder: G:/DAZStudio/Genesis-81 : G:/DAZStudio/Genesis-8

I have two CMS directories, one for explicit 8.1 content, calls ".../Genesis-81" and the other for G8 content ".../Genesis-8".  This would seem to be a problem, "WARNING", what are the rules?  Is it no-leading-prefix (so I have to rename ".../Genesis-8" as ".../Genesis-80"?)

Is G:/DAZStudio/ also a content directory? Having one content directory inside anothe ("nested") means that DS may start the relative path in the wrong place, which will cause issues on reloading on another system. E.g. you may en up with "/genesis-8/runtime/Textuers/somefolder/somefile.jpg" in the presets you save, rather than the universal "/runtime/Textuers/somefolder/somefile.jpg"

• YnverYnver Posts: 21

Since 4.22.0.10 everytime I try to save a generated Face Transfer Daz crash and shuts completely down. Anyone having the same issue? It does happen with both Face Transfer 1 & 2. But FT1 works fine on 4.16.

• RayDAnt said:

Richard Haseltine said:

RayDAnt said:

The command for calling that version string still appears to be part of the Iray API, meaning that the choice to no longer include it in the log file (to save on log lines?) would've been a Daz developer decision, not an Iray developer one. Prior releases used to print it like eg.:

API:MISC ::   0.0   API    misc info : Iray RTX 2019.1.3, build 317500.3714, 19 Jul 2019, nt-x86-64

Is that not the 2023 SDK? (It is a macro, rather than a command, by the way.) You can tell where an Iray-related message in the log comes from by the format - if it says Iray before the severity, in square brackets (WARNING, ERROR, INFO, etc.), then it is an Iray message passed through by DS; if the severity comes first followed by "Iray" then it is a DS-generated mesage that is about Iray.

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 9,169

Ynver said:

Since 4.22.0.10 everytime I try to save a generated Face Transfer Daz crash and shuts completely down. Anyone having the same issue? It does happen with both Face Transfer 1 & 2. But FT1 works fine on 4.16.

I have the same problem with 4.22.0.10,

so I reverted back to 4.22.0.7,

where Face Transfer 2 still works on my computer.

• Artini said:

Ynver said:

It has apparently been fixed.

• Artini said:

Ynver said:

Same problem here.

• hedicarlos said:

Artini said:

Ynver said:

Same problem here.

Fixed (in a forthcoming update) according to the post above yours.

• YnverYnver Posts: 21

Richard Haseltine said:

hedicarlos said:

Artini said:

Ynver said:

Same problem here.

Fixed (in a forthcoming update) according to the post above yours.

Oki, everything is awesome then ;)

• Has the crashing issue been fixed? If so, what version should we be looking for?

• paulawp (marahzen) said:

I ran across an oddity while testing a scene I had originally created in 4.21. It appears that something has changed about ground fog between 4.21.0.5 and 4.22.0.7. The scene I had created in 4.21 used a sun-sky Render Setting based on one from the UltrasceneryXT-Materials and Skies set, and it works fine in 4.21. When I tried to use the same scene in 4.22, it was almost completely dark. After some testing, I found that the problem appears to be the field Ground Fog Decay Height. These settings have a default of 75000, which works in 4.21. But in 4.22, it appears that this value is handled differently and needs to be a lot lower. Just an FYI ...

I am told that if you keep an eye on the Change Log you should see an entry appear relating to this.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,442

Richard Haseltine said:

paulawp (marahzen) said:

I ran across an oddity while testing a scene I had originally created in 4.21. It appears that something has changed about ground fog between 4.21.0.5 and 4.22.0.7. The scene I had created in 4.21 used a sun-sky Render Setting based on one from the UltrasceneryXT-Materials and Skies set, and it works fine in 4.21. When I tried to use the same scene in 4.22, it was almost completely dark. After some testing, I found that the problem appears to be the field Ground Fog Decay Height. These settings have a default of 75000, which works in 4.21. But in 4.22, it appears that this value is handled differently and needs to be a lot lower. Just an FYI ...

I am told that if you keep an eye on the Change Log you should see an entry appear relating to this.

Thanks. I'm watching... smiley

I can't find the forum message again blush, but that sample script link Richard posted, restores the Open Recent submenu perfectly. I ran the script and saved a Workspace, and the Open Recent submenu is back and seems to stay.

• GRFK DSGN Unlimited said:

Has the crashing issue been fixed? If so, what version should we be looking for?

4.22.0.12, which should be live now.

• barbult said:

I can't find the forum message again blush, but that sample script link Richard posted, restores the Open Recent submenu perfectly. I ran the script and saved a Workspace, and the Open Recent submenu is back and seems to stay.

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/referenceguide/scripting/api_reference/samples/actions/action_menu_submenu/start (Richard posted a link to, he didn't post the sample itself of course)

Richard Haseltine said:

barbult said:

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/referenceguide/scripting/api_reference/samples/actions/action_menu_submenu/start (Richard posted a link to, he didn't post the sample itself of course)

Thank you for reposting the link. I understood that you were the link poster, not the script author. But I never would have discovered it without you bringing it to our attention.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,965

nonesuch00 said:

I am getting a crash on this scene here:

Crashing DAZ Studio 4.22.0.7 PUBLIC BETA on open scene!

As I am now the proud, or should I say poorer, owner of a PNY GeForce RTX 4070 and want to test some old DAZ Studio scenes I had CPU rendered in the past but am instead getting DAZ Studio crash dumps on thids scene, and more, but not all of my old DAZ Studio scenes (3 scene crashers so far)! 

I have not tested opening those DAZ Studio crashing scenes with DAZ Studio 4.22.0.1 RELEASE but I think they probably would crash DAZ Studio as well.

I am disappointed as I wanted to test the speed of my video card on old scenes I had done that are somewhat complex.

And why is the DAZ Gallery so extremely slow? Is it under constant DDoS attack always or something? Why not contract a service to stop those attacks? e.g., I sometimes get a connection intercepted by "cloudflare" asking me to check a box while it procedes to "check that the connection is secure" before it sends the requested URL to me. That only happens while I am using a VPN service offered commercially of course. hmmmm....

OK, I "hid" the Ryan Hair by OOT and that stopped the crash of DS 4.22.0.10 Public BETA. Is that going to be fixed in a future version of DAZ Studio or is that something that requires fixes & updates to all of OOT's hair products, so maybe that doen't get down lacking catalogue back sales; in which case a disclaimer should be put on the products' sales page or they should be removed from sale?

• nonesuch00 said:

nonesuch00 said:

As I am now the proud, or should I say poorer, owner of a PNY GeForce RTX 4070 and want to test some old DAZ Studio scenes I had CPU rendered in the past but am instead getting DAZ Studio crash dumps on thids scene, and more, but not all of my old DAZ Studio scenes (3 scene crashers so far)! 

I have not tested opening those DAZ Studio crashing scenes with DAZ Studio 4.22.0.1 RELEASE but I think they probably would crash DAZ Studio as well.

I am disappointed as I wanted to test the speed of my video card on old scenes I had done that are somewhat complex.

And why is the DAZ Gallery so extremely slow? Is it under constant DDoS attack always or something? Why not contract a service to stop those attacks? e.g., I sometimes get a connection intercepted by "cloudflare" asking me to check a box while it procedes to "check that the connection is secure" before it sends the requested URL to me. That only happens while I am using a VPN service offered commercially of course. hmmmm....

OK, I "hid" the Ryan Hair by OOT and that stopped the crash of DS 4.22.0.10 Public BETA. Is that going to be fixed in a future version of DAZ Studio or is that something that requires fixes & updates to all of OOT's hair products, so maybe that doen't get down lacking catalogue back sales; in which case a disclaimer should be put on the products' sales page or they should be removed from sale?

Many of the hairs have been updated, and it is a shared file that is tghe issue. Unfortuantely that does mean if you have an older copy in another content directory, earlier in the read order, or if you installed an updated product most recently, or if you use Connect and DS decides to load a product that hasn't been updated, then you may get the bad version.

edited December 2023

I've been having a strange display problem since Tuesday, with 4.22.0.10 and now 4.22,0.12. Whenever DS beta goes into a Not Responding state, the DS window remains full size, but all the DS information is squished into the left side and the right side is blank. It doesn't seem to matter what I am doing at the time; it happens whenever DS becomes non-responsive. As soon as DS responds again, the display returns to correctly using the full screen area. I am attaching some screenshot examples.

I had a Windows update about the same time I installed DS 4.22.0.10 on Tuesday, so both changed at about the same time. I also updated the NVIDIA graphics driver to version 546.01 Studio Driver, on the incorrect belief that the change log said a newer driver version was necessary, because a newer Iray version had been merged to 4.22.0.10. The change log was later clarified to indicate that a newer Iray was NOT merged into 4.22.0.10, so the driver update I did was not necessary.

So, now I don't know if the issue was caused by the newer DS Beta, Windows update, or the newer graphics driver, or some other unrelated change that I don't even know happened. Has anyone else seen something like this happen? I could go back to an earlier driver, and see it the problem goes away, but I think I'll wait a bit and see if anyone else has seen the same thing.

EDIT: This was resolved by updating the NVIDIA graphics driver to version 546.33.

Screenshot 2023-12-12 16.00.59.png
    3848 x 2087 - 1022K
    Screenshot 2023-12-13 14.47.55.png
    3848 x 2087 - 724K
    Screenshot 2023-12-13 21.58.33.png
    3848 x 2087 - 2M
    Post edited by barbult on

Richard Haseltine said:

nonesuch00 said:

nonesuch00 said:

Many of the hairs have been updated, and it is a shared file that is tghe issue. Unfortuantely that does mean if you have an older copy in another content directory, earlier in the read order, or if you installed an updated product most recently, or if you use Connect and DS decides to load a product that hasn't been updated, then you may get the bad version.

I deinstalled the Ryan hair, deleted the local cache of the Ryan hair installer, redownloaded and reinstalled it but the same problem. I have other OOT hairs but not a huge collection of them.

What is/are the shared files that need to get updated? I always install via DIM but for whatever reason sometimes DAZ Studio insists on creating that DAZ Connect content directory and sending some updates/contents for some packages that get duplicated in that connect directory. Are you saying that's the problem? How can I stop that? Delete the entire connect content directory in the File Manager? Or in the DAZ Connect pane?

• nonesuch00 said:

Richard Haseltine said:

nonesuch00 said:

nonesuch00 said:

I deinstalled the Ryan hair, deleted the local cache of the Ryan hair installer, redownloaded and reinstalled it but the same problem. I have other OOT hairs but not a huge collection of them.

What is/are the shared files that need to get updated? I always install via DIM but for whatever reason sometimes DAZ Studio insists on creating that DAZ Connect content directory and sending some updates/contents for some packages that get duplicated in that connect directory. Are you saying that's the problem? How can I stop that? Delete the entire connect content directory in the File Manager? Or in the DAZ Connect pane?

Select the hair, switch to the Surfaces pane, and look for the Transmitted Color channel. If there is a map in that channel, remove it.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,795

nonesuch00 said:

I always install via DIM but for whatever reason sometimes DAZ Studio insists on creating that DAZ Connect content directory and sending some updates/contents for some packages that get duplicated in that connect directory. Are you saying that's the problem? How can I stop that? Delete the entire connect content directory in the File Manager? Or in the DAZ Connect pane?

Stop logging in to Daz Studio, the option to log in, is there to enable using Daz Connect for updating/installing products. 

DS Preferences -> Startup options, uncheck everything.

The official method of getting rid of Daz Connect highjacked installations, is to uninstall them in Smart Content.

If you have allowed Daz Connect to make updates/installations, those will get priority over DIM-installed items, even in cases when Cinnect installations do noe work.

• barbult said:

Whenever DS beta goes into a Not Responding state, the DS window remains full size, but all the DS information is squished into the left side and the right side is blank. It doesn't seem to matter what I am doing at the time; it happens whenever DS becomes non-responsive.

Had this same issue a few weeks ago. Chalked it, right or wrong, to Nvidias new SysMem.  Was using same beta as always (and still am).  Only nvidia driver changed.  Installed newer Nvdia driver and issue left the building.

Someone had a big issue with windows files being lost ( see tech forum).  They never asnwered if they had a newer nvidia driver.  Had similar windows corruption but mickey mouse compared to them.   Caused again with DS and cpu computation intensive.  Am still eyeing Nvidisa new Sysmem.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 5,321

barbult said:

I've been having a strange display problem since Tuesday, with 4.22.0.10 and now 4.22,0.12. Whenever DS beta goes into a Not Responding state, the DS window remains full size, but all the DS information is squished into the left side and the right side is blank. It doesn't seem to matter what I am doing at the time; it happens whenever DS becomes non-responsive. As soon as DS responds again, the display returns to correctly using the full screen area. I am attaching some screenshot examples.

I had a Windows update about the same time I installed DS 4.22.0.10 on Tuesday, so both changed at about the same time. I also updated the NVIDIA graphics driver to version 546.01 Studio Driver, on the incorrect belief that the change log said a newer driver version was necessary, because a newer Iray version had been merged to 4.22.0.10. The change log was later clarified to indicate that a newer Iray was NOT merged into 4.22.0.10, so the driver update I did was not necessary.

So, now I don't know if the issue was caused by the newer DS Beta, Windows update, or the newer graphics driver, or some other unrelated change that I don't even know happened. Has anyone else seen something like this happen? I could go back to an earlier driver, and see it the problem goes away, but I think I'll wait a bit and see if anyone else has seen the same thing.

I've not encountrered such an issue... I think it most likely results from the Nvidia Drivers. 546.01 version for my cards is an NFB version, so versions of 537.58 - 537.70 should be stable.

DoctorJellybean said:

nonesuch00 said:

Richard Haseltine said:

nonesuch00 said:

nonesuch00 said:

Select the hair, switch to the Surfaces pane, and look for the Transmitted Color channel. If there is a map in that channel, remove it.

OK, thanks!