Daz Studio Pro BETA - version 4.22.0.15! (*UPDATED*)

Comments

• SnugginsSnuggins Posts: 52

gram said:

VividImaginator said:

I just downloaded and installed Nvidia Studio Drivers 535.98 and the moment the denoiser hits, the whole scene turns light green.

For me a workaround that works is to disable the "post denoiser denoise alpha" option. Toggling it on/off turns the scene green/not green. 

Also apparently they just released iray 2023.0.0 final at nvidia with "major performance improvements". Hopefully we get it soon.

I can confirm this. Studio 4.21.1.48, Nvidia driver 535.98 (both studio and gaming driver, I tried both) on Windows 11 (intel 11th gen i7) x64 with RTX 3060 12GB. Denoise Alpha OFF fixes blue/green tint which will otherwise appear (if denoising with that setting ON) both in the iRay viewport and in the rendered image saved to disk.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,467

johndoe_36eb90b0 said:

Is it just me or is dForce behaving weirdly in this beta?

1. Load G8 figure (default A pose, non-default height) into an empty scene
    2. Load some dForce clothing
    3. Set simulate from memorized pose
    4. Hit Simulate button

What is happening:
     - Figure gets lifted off the ground plane (by the difference in height), then slowly simulated back down. This disturbs clothing simulation if you reduce pose transition time.

What should be happening:
     - Figure should not move at all because no pose has been applied, and there is no animation loaded.

Can anyone else reproduce this?

Yes. I believe it is because the Height control changes the character's Hip Y axis translation value. Set the Hip Y axis translation back to 0 before simulating, and then adjust it after simulation to put the character's feet back at ground level.

• marblemarble Posts: 7,456
    edited June 2023

johndoe_36eb90b0 said:

4. Hit Simulate button

What is happening:
     - Figure gets lifted off the ground plane (by the difference in height), then slowly simulated back down. This disturbs clothing simulation if you reduce pose transition time.

- Figure should not move at all because no pose has been applied, and there is no animation loaded.

I'm having dForce problems too. I tried to animate a G8F wearing a dress using the timeline and it just does not work. The simulation appears to run and the dress sim is initialised but nothing happens from frame to frame even though the frames are shown as stepping through. The G8F figure doesn't move and the dress doesn't drape.

[EDIT] Ok - my fault. The walk animation turned out to be an aniblock which I needed to bake to the timeline in order to apply dForce. 

Post edited by marble on
  • Snuggins said:

gram said:

VividImaginator said:

I just downloaded and installed Nvidia Studio Drivers 535.98 and the moment the denoiser hits, the whole scene turns light green.

For me a workaround that works is to disable the "post denoiser denoise alpha" option. Toggling it on/off turns the scene green/not green. 

Also apparently they just released iray 2023.0.0 final at nvidia with "major performance improvements". Hopefully we get it soon.

I can confirm this. Studio 4.21.1.48, Nvidia driver 535.98 (both studio and gaming driver, I tried both) on Windows 11 (intel 11th gen i7) x64 with RTX 3060 12GB. Denoise Alpha OFF fixes blue/green tint which will otherwise appear (if denoising with that setting ON) both in the iRay viewport and in the rendered image saved to disk.

Just a heads up that this is a nVidia driver issue, which is also happening on Stable DAZ Studio 4.21.0.5. It has nothing to do with 4.21.1 DAZ Beta. It also happens on the just released 536.23 driver. The last driver with a working Alpha Denoiser was 432.03

• gram said:

VividImaginator said:

Yes, I made some tests and disabling the "Post Denoising Denoise Alpha" option gets rid of the green hue.

I also enabled bloom and set instancing optimization to "Memory" and as long as I don't enable alpha denoising everything works fine.

Thank you for pointing that out; now, I'm using Nvidia Studio Drivers 535.98 with no alpha denoising. laugh

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,334

johndoe_36eb90b0 said:

4. Hit Simulate button

What is happening:

This is normal behaviour when using the option simulate with "Start Bones from Memorized Pose".

Basically the simulation starts by moving the figure in the opposite direction of the hip movement, then as the simulation runs will move back to the final pose position. I have seen that this can mess up the clothing when using "Simulate Selected", but this does not happen with just "Simulate".

I actually like this behaviour for certain sims, eg when simulating the clothing of a figure sat on a chair. In this case translate the hip a long way below the ground, (ie add something like -50 to the y translation of the hip) Then use the figure top level y translation to move the figure back into the chair. As the simulation runs the character will start well above the chair and slowly descend onto it. This allows the cloth to drape more realistically on the chair, and the whole thing is easier to set up than a timeline simulation.

• Havos If the pose (both the starting and the final) do not change hip position from the figure's default then it shouldn't move vertically? Does that mean that dForce simulation "thinks" that figure hip Y was moved? Basically, the figure was saved with hip Y whose default value != current value? Can that be fixed?

I know it's possible to move it intentionally like you described for simulation, but I want to get rid of the movement.

• outrider42outrider42 Posts: 3,679

Has anything happened with the beta progress? We were consistently getting a new beta every month for a solid 2 years. There was only 1 point where the release skipped a month in mid 2022. In 2021 it skipped a few months. Those are the only exceptions for over 2 years. 

But we have not received a beta update since April. I'd really like to see Iray 2023. Not only has Iray 2023.0.0 released in early June, but they recently posted yet another update, 2023.0.1 is out now. The current Studio beta is still stuck on Iray 2022.

• outrider42 said:

Has anything happened with the beta progress? We were consistently getting a new beta every month for a solid 2 years. There was only 1 point where the release skipped a month in mid 2022. In 2021 it skipped a few months. Those are the only exceptions for over 2 years. 

But we have not received a beta update since April. I'd really like to see Iray 2023. Not only has Iray 2023.0.0 released in early June, but they recently posted yet another update, 2023.0.1 is out now. The current Studio beta is still stuck on Iray 2022.

We have had several DIM updates, so it may be that the focus has been more on that for a few months (I beleive that a MacOS change has them under a deadline here).

• wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,340

Is it possible that they're finally just that close to DAZ Studio 5 being the next release, and that they're focusing a bit on getting Omniverse implemented before publishing?

I know, ever hopeful...

-- Walt Sterdan

• Richard Haseltine said:

We have had several DIM updates, so it may be that the focus has been more on that for a few months (I beleive that a MacOS change has them under a deadline here).

If I were to guess, they might be stuck with updating Daz Studio to support new caustic sampler, the new Mie phase function for volumes, as well as validating what a bunch of NVIDIA's "bug fixes" broke this time around.

• Saxa -- SDSaxa -- SD Posts: 871

DS changelog has many entries added at least a few days ago.  

Main focus seems to be adding "in-app notification".
    Too many sepculations possible what that could mean.
    Guess wait and see.
    Still nice to see update to changelog.

• Saxa -- SD said:

DS changelog has many entries added at least a few days ago.  

Main focus seems to be adding "in-app notification".
    Too many sepculations possible what that could mean.
    Guess wait and see.
    Still nice to see update to changelog.

No need to wait, it says right there -- New scene dialog is being changed to include store search and notifications (probably about updated content and new releases).

Whatever they are doing I hope to God notifications will be optional. I hate when apps nag me instead of allowing me to work at my own pace.

Backup your current advertisement-free version now.
  • NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,325

barbult said:

Backup your current advertisement-free version now.

Maybe it's your Forum link to the purple cloud... 

Was thinking not just "advertising".  Not too keen on mandatory matrix chairs. Optimist is me was hoping for something else as well.

• Saxa -- SD said:

Was thinking not just "advertising".  Not too keen on mandatory matrix chairs. Optimist is me was hoping for something else as well.

The fact that they don't even mention new Iray in the changelog at all tells you where their priorities lie -- monetizing the user base further by using "industry standard" user interface dark patterns which will probably include mandatory "Feeds", "Follows"., "Recommendations", "Suggestions", "What's new", "For You", "You May Also Like" as well as "cloud integration and sync" probably with some dozen of notifications showing you new stuff which you have to dismiss to actually start working with the program.

The way I am reading that changelog is that the next version will have to be always signed in "so you can access all the benefits of our new connected experience".

Ugh. I need a shower now.

• johndoe_36eb90b0 said:

Saxa -- SD said:

The fact that they don't even mention new Iray in the changelog at all

When a new version of iray is added it gets noted. Iray development is not cotnrolled by Daz.

tells you where their priorities lie -- monetizing the user base further by using "industry standard" user interface dark patterns which will probably include mandatory "Feeds", "Follows"., "Recommendations", "Suggestions", "What's new", "For You", "You May Also Like" as well as "cloud integration and sync" probably with some dozen of notifications showing you new stuff which you have to dismiss to actually start working with the program.

We don't know what notifications will amount to, how they will be shown, or where.

The way I am reading that changelog is that the next version will have to be always signed in "so you can access all the benefits of our new connected experience".

Well, i'm pretty sure you are misreading then. The Smart Content pane used to have access to the store, but there was never any attempt to force users to work online - indeed, DS is very careful not to force users on-line compasred to some of my other applications, I would be surprised by a sudden volte face.

Ugh. I need a shower now.

I don't ever want to sign in inside Daz Studio, unless it has an option to disable automatic metadata updates and Daz Connect installation.

• Richard Haseltine said:

johndoe_36eb90b0 said:

Saxa -- SD said:

When a new version of iray is added it gets noted. Iray development is not cotnrolled by Daz.

I was referring to the fact that the new version of Iray has been released by NVIDIA (major update, June 7), yet Daz changelog doesn't mention it at all.

https://blog.irayrender.com/post/719461115206221824/iray-202300-final

I hope I am wrong and you are right about mandatory sign-in.

• The most recent public Beta is  '48 but the 'canaries' are up to '75.

Is there any chance of a more recent Public Beta release, please?

Thanks.

:)

• captainklutz_a2ec859073 said:

The most recent public Beta is  '48 but the 'canaries' are up to '75.

Is there any chance of a more recent Public Beta release, please?

Thanks.

:)

Merged into beta thread.

johndoe_36eb90b0 said:

Richard Haseltine said:

johndoe_36eb90b0 said:

Saxa -- SD said:

I was referring to the fact that the new version of Iray has been released by NVIDIA (major update, June 7), yet Daz changelog doesn't mention it at all.

https://blog.irayrender.com/post/719461115206221824/iray-202300-final

I hope I am wrong and you are right about mandatory sign-in.

My impression, or hunch, is that DAZ in these financial tough times for many (new G9, inflation insane, currency exchange rates) is focussed primarily on features that will increase financial buoyancy.   So not really surprised about no new Iray integration. Just a wild guess though and could be way wrong here.

• IceCrMnIceCrMn Posts: 2,122

WoohOO !!

New beta in my DIM just now.

Installed it, now time to play with it to see what's new.

Haven't seen an update to the iray thread yet, but I just might be a bit early so it could be showing up soon.

• IceCrMnIceCrMn Posts: 2,122
    edited August 2023

ok, the only strange thing I'm seeing in the first start log is

2023-08-11 18:57:18.061 [WARNING] :: C:\DAZDevel\Hudson\HUDSON_HOME\workspace\NB_DS_Dev_cmake\src\sdksource\interface\actions\dzactionmgr.cpp(1873): Index out of range in DzActionMgr::getCustomAction()

edit: looks  like the iray plugin version hasn't changed

2023-08-11 18:57:15.734 Iray [INFO] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.1   IRAY   rend info : Using iray plugin version 5.5, build 363600.4887 n, 15 Apr 2023, nt-x86-64-vc142.

that's fine, I can live with the version we have.

txt
    txt
    log.txt
    Post edited by IceCrMn on
  • IceCrMn said:

ok, the only strange thing I'm seeing in the first start log is

2023-08-11 18:57:18.061 [WARNING] :: C:\DAZDevel\Hudson\HUDSON_HOME\workspace\NB_DS_Dev_cmake\src\sdksource\interface\actions\dzactionmgr.cpp(1873): Index out of range in DzActionMgr::getCustomAction()

edit: looks  like the iray plugin version hasn't changed

2023-08-11 18:57:15.734 Iray [INFO] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.1   IRAY   rend info : Using iray plugin version 5.5, build 363600.4887 n, 15 Apr 2023, nt-x86-64-vc142.

that's fine, I can live with the version we have.

There is no Iray update as yet.

• We just want an update on iray, no one cares about the Property Hierarchy pane. Nvidia released the new iray in June and so far nothing about it in Daz.

• douglasmartinsxd said:

We just want an update on iray, no one cares about the Property Hierarchy pane. Nvidia released the new iray in June and so far nothing about it in Daz.

We don't know how well it plays with Daz Studio, or what chnages there may be that impact existing content - it's quite possible that there are good reasons not to release the current version. Note that that is a general point, I am not aware of why theer has been no update to the new version of iray on this occasion.

I will say that some of the new features that have been added, including the Property Hierarchy changes, are more noteworthy to me than an "Iray update" (depending on what it brought, anyway) so the  universal we is a bit of an assumption.

The change log is full of comments about in-app notifications, but the highlights thread makes no mention of it. Can anyone explain what it does or point me to documentation? I'm afraid to install this beta version without more understanding of the purpose and mechanism of in-app notifications. Does a customer have to be logged in to their account in Daz Studio? I avoid logging in, because I don't want to accidently install anything with Daz Connect and don't want automatic metadata updates that I have no control of.

• barbult said:

The change log is full of comments about in-app notifications, but the highlights thread makes no mention of it. Can anyone explain what it does or point me to documentation? I'm afraid to install this beta version without more understanding of the purpose and mechanism of in-app notifications. Does a customer have to be logged in to their account in Daz Studio? I avoid logging in, because I don't want to accidently install anything with Daz Connect and don't want automatic metadata updates that I have no control of.

Given that Daz has been careful not to connect without permission in other respects I would be very surprised if that was not the case here too. No details have been given, though I did notice the use of notification both here and in the description of what used to be called in-store messages (but of course that may just mean that one group was using the term, so it was in the air when the other groupneeded to label soemthing that is actually unrelated).