Feet getting teeny tiny

Causam3DCausam3D Posts: 207

This only began to occur after I installed Genesis 9.  Julie (who is an 8 and 8.1 character) used to load at render subd level 5 after I installed 8.1; but not every time.  Now she doesn't do that anymore, also just since installing Genesis 9.  Now, she's doing something completely different and refreshingly annoying, in that at least it's a different kind of annoyance.  This is a scene file that I saved.  When I reopened Daz and then loaded the file I got this.  

Any chance at all, and I mean at all, that someone here knows how to help?  It's getting really old.  :D

Capture.PNG
502 x 418 - 104K
Post edited by Causam3D on

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 4,191

Is it only with the saved character, and not if loaded fresh?

Is there anything odd if you look in Currently used?

• Causam3DCausam3D Posts: 207

felis said:

Is it only with the saved character, and not if loaded fresh?

Is there anything odd if you look in Currently used?

It's happening when I load the character (Actor) fresh.  If I apply the Actor to a G8.1 base figure the feet are fine.  If I save the file with the base figure having the Actor applied, then close and later open Daz, and load the file, the feet are tiny.  So to answer your question, it happens if I load the Actor, and also if I save a scene with a base figure having the Actor applied.  This happens with the 8.1 version and not the 8.0 version.  And again, only since I installed G9.  One note, it seems I always get some sort of issue when I've created a character preset.  I did create Addie 9 and I simply can't recall whether this happened immediately after the 9 install, or only after creating Addie 9 -- I made her immediately after installing 9, so I never tried the Julie 8.1 in between.  I can upload a log file if you need it. 

Capture.PNG
    495 x 481 - 166K
  • felisfelis Posts: 4,191

Which morphs are listed if you go to 'currently used'?

• thoreandanthoreandan Posts: 151
    edited November 2022

Can you tell what parameter is causing it? Has the scale parameter for shins, foot, and toes been reduced to zero? (Although I don't think the bottom of the knee would look flat like that, when I scale down to zero it comes to a point.)

Just throwing out ideas, do you have any amputee morphs installed that Daz could be dialing up for whatever reason?

If you can track down what morph or parameter is causing it, then you can look at the parameter properties to find out what controller is dialing it up.

When you say you installed G9, you mean the G9 starter essentials? If you uninstall that, does it solve the problem?

Post edited by thoreandan on

The scales all appear to be normal.  The anamoly begins at the foot and propagates down, but again, all scales are reported as normal.  

Capture.PNG
    1225 x 681 - 226K

Jumpin' Jehosaphat!  What the 4377 could possibly have done this?

Capture.PNG
    1249 x 662 - 416K
  • If you click the settings for "foot length" and for "foot propogating scale" (both of which seem to be defaulting to those crazy negative values, which is why they're dark gray despite being non-zero), you should be able to see under "Controllers" tab what other parameters could be affecting them.

• It is very unlikely to have anything to do with Genesis 9. Had you installed any new Gensis 8/8.1 content in the days immediately around the onset of the issue?

thoreandan said:

If you click the settings for "foot length" and for "foot propogating scale" (both of which seem to be defaulting to those crazy negative values, which is why they're dark gray despite being non-zero), you should be able to see under "Controllers" tab what other parameters could be affecting them.

Also, Richard.

This is what I've found following thor's advice.  As you can see, NURU was installed a year ago roughly.  This did not start happening to Julie until G9.  I am not stating that G9 is the culprit, only offering it as the only time correlated change I can think of other than the update to 4.21 itself, which happened contemporary to the G9 install for obvious reasons.  I resized the feet using the Foot Propogating Scale slider, adjusted the rig to mesh, and did an ERC Freeze.  I then saved it and it now loads fine.  NOTE: I still had to make the foot prop scale -25ish percent to have them the right size.  At 100% they're downright freakishly large.  
    It would sure be nice to get to the absolute bottom of this, because I plan to begin putting Julie together for release very soon.  After 8 years or more, it's time, and I wouldn't want this problem creeping out into the community from lack of diligence.

culprit.png
    731 x 664 - 167K