Problem with Chill Outfit

https://www.daz3d.com/chill-for-genesis-8-females

In the promo pictures the sweater is outside of the skirt. It’s more obvious in the promos of the texture add-on.  https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-chill-glacial
However, when I put the clothes on a figure, the sweater insists on going inside the skirt–before or after simulation.

The included features list on the page of the original lists simulation instructions, but they aren’t included.

With the use of Fit Control I can bring the sweater outside the skirt but it bunches unattractively at the waist.

On top of everything, when I change the tiling this happens. It’s an issue if I want to use a shader.

sweater.jpg
373 x 627 - 61K

Comments

• hansolocambohansolocambo Posts: 649
    edited November 2022

A proper 3D object is unwrapped. Which means that each polygon receives a precise projection of pixels from a 1x1 ratio picture (1024, 2048, 4096, etc). If you make the texture tile in Daz Surfaces Tab, you tile the whole texture : it cannot work, this is abolsutely normal. You cannot tile an unwrapped object except if the texture applied is an up-down / left-right seamless texture. If you go to Photoshop, open this cloth texture and use View > Pattern Preview, you'll see that it's obviously NOT a texture meant to be tiled.

If you want a different material, you need to use a third party app (Substance Painter, Photoshop, etc.) to tile a pattern in the 2D texture image. Save it. Load it in Daz. Or you need to create new UVs for the object and update UVs in Daz.

If you don't have any way to 3D paint. You can (although it's a very cheap way to do that) use the Templates usually provided with a Daz bundle. And use that as a reference to paint on UVS or paste a pattern in them). But... it's really something I haven't done much since 3D painting is a thing (probably during the 1990's, I can't remember which app was the first to do that), and I wouldn't advise to work textures in 2D nowadays. Because it's basically impossible to get clean seams at UV borders.

--------------

As for the simulation. It does work fine as far as I know. Maybe did you use a dForce preset from another bundle ? that changed the Collision layer in Surfaces parameters ? Try to simulate Current Frame with Start Bones From Memorized Pose On. It does not seem to be a very trendy option amon Daz users, but in my opinion it actually does help a lot ! to get accurate simulation results for still images. The cloth is modeled on the base shape, A pose, it's often/always better to simulate from that position to avoid simulating with a cloth already stuck somewhere.

The result I see in your screenshot is weird. Please keep me posted. I don't really have any other ideas that come to mind at the moment to explain what could cause that.

Post edited by hansolocambo on
  • lou_harperlou_harper Posts: 1,159

I figured out the problem: the outfit doesn't like Frida. https://www.daz3d.com/ry-frida-for-victoria--8 ; It's fine on G8 but as soon as I dial-in Frida it goes wonky.

I used the Winter Trendy outfit insteas, since it had no issues.

• hansolocambohansolocambo Posts: 649
    edited November 2022

Indeed Chill Outfit doesn't work at all with Frida. I tried to fix in the right order sweater > Skirt > Poncho with the provided Actor shaping. But even expanding waist, hip, glute, etc. clothes are all messed up. Even half her feet are out of the boots... terrible. It's quiet complex to inject all morphs in a cloth bundle so that it fits fine "any" body shape. And this Chill outfit hasn't been properly done obviously. I still haven't mastered that part of the clothes content creation process myself, quiet complex really.

In this kind of situations sadly the only workaround is to create your own custom slider morphs for clothes in Blender/Zbrush, etc. In order to adapt their shape to such a different body. And then be able to simulate it.

Yeah... bad news sorry   m(_ _"m)

Post edited by hansolocambo on
  • memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 4,032

Your link to Frida is wonky. Here is a good one. https://www.daz3d.com/ry-frida-for-victoria--8

I found because I wanted to find out if I had her. I have both and might try the outfit later. That outfit is one I believe I had to dForce in layers, but that was years ago.

I loaded Frida, then the outfit, https://www.daz3d.com/chill-for-genesis-8-females which I have used many times, and yes, absoluetly saw what you did. But also, the foot pose didn't work at all. There is a fit for a Pear Figure, so it shouldn't have an issue with Frida, not that she is so 'peary'. The boot sits below her foot. I checked the Read Me, but no known issues or fixes listed. Something has happened to this outfit but for the life of me I have no idea what. It worked before. I even bought a great texture set for it at Rendo I loved it so much.

edited November 2022

I was curious how the Chill Outfit would fit on Victoria 9 and tried it out. Surprisingly it fit better than on Frida! Even the boots fit perfectly. This seems to indicate the issue may be with Frida?

But here is Victoria 9 in the Chill for G8, with OOT's textures for it.

Victoria 9 in Chill 4 G8F n OOT Tex.png
    1600 x 1600 - 4M
    Post edited by memcneil70 on

hansolocambo said:

Indeed Chill Outfit doesn't work at all with Frida. I tried to fix in the right order sweater > Skirt > Poncho with the provided Actor shaping. But even expanding waist, hip, glute, etc. clothes are all messed up. Even half her feet are out of the boots... terrible. It's quiet complex to inject all morphs in a cloth bundle so that it fits fine "any" body shape. And this Chill outfit hasn't been properly done obviously. I still haven't mastered that part of the clothes content creation process myself, quiet complex really.

In this kind of situations sadly the only workaround is to create your own custom slider morphs for clothes in Blender/Zbrush, etc. In order to adapt their shape to such a different body. And then be able to simulate it.

Yeah... bad news sorry   m(_ _"m)

It's weird because Frida's body shape is not exaggerated nor she's particularly big–I'm used to fitting issues with Beverly. Doesn't matter, I just needed a winter outfit with xmas sweater and the outher one did nicely, and I could apply Xmas knits to it. https://www.daz3d.com/xmas-knits-iray-shaders-

memcneil70 said:

I was curious how the Chill Outfit would fit on Victoria 9 and tried it out. Surprisingly it fit better than on Frida! Even the boots fit perfectly. This seems to indicate the issue may be with Frida?

But here is Victoria 9 in the Chill for G8, with OOT's textures for it.

The other outfit had zero issues with Frida. I have a suspicion that Chill has issues with figures that don't fit into the pretty young woman category, unless it specifically has a morph for them.