Iray image series rendering not wait "apply mesh smoothing"

This problem has existed for a long time,some people want to solve this problem through scripts, but there is no follow-up. Should I feed it back as a bug? or someone can tell me where to find such scripts,thanks.

jpg
jpg
frame0.jpg
3M
jpg
jpg
frame1.jpg
3M

Comments

• Octane render does not have this problem. I can't believe that the development team has kept this problem for nearly 7 years.生气的

frame_00001.jpg
    1080 x 901 - 265K
    frame_00002.jpg
    1080 x 884 - 257K
  • guangyang142 said:

Octane render does not have this problem. I can't believe that the development team has kept this problem for nearly 7 years.生气的

屏幕截图 2022-11-04 003229.png
    999 x 488 - 84K
  • I can't remember which is the proper sense, but you can try setting interactive mode on or off for the modifiers.

• hansolocambohansolocambo Posts: 649
    edited November 2022

I've never witnessed that smoothing issue at render time nor during Iray previews ? Weird.

But TheMysteryIsThePoint is absolutely right. Set : Parameters Tab > Your_Cloth > General > Mesh Smoothing > Interactive Update  to : On (before rendering)

And it should fix the issue ?

Post edited by hansolocambo on
  • thoreandanthoreandan Posts: 151
    edited November 2022

I've run into this a few times. I think I recently finally figured out what was going on in my case, at least: It seems the smoothing modifier is based on the viewport "SubDivision Level", not the "Render SubD Level". Presumably this is because smoothing is not run again after the figures are further subdivided at render-time.

In most cases this doesn't result in poke-through, because more subdivisions often just smooths everything out. But if the underlying figure has HD morphs applied, which can have very different shapes at SubD 1 or 2 vs. SubD 3 or 4 or 5, it could change how the clothing interacts with the figure when the subdivision is increased for the render.

Think of having a vein morph that pops the skin out a few millimeters at SubD 4, but doesn't really do anything at SubD 1. If the viewport is at SubD 1, and the clothing is very tight to the skin, the smoothing modifier isn't going to get a chance to shape the clothing around the veins.

Unfortunately, the only way I was able to fix it when this happened was to increase the viewport SubDivision Level of the underlying figure to the Render SubD Level and let the smoothing modifier do its thing just before rendering. (edit: make sure you unlink the Render SubD Level before increasing SubDivision Level so it doesn't also keep increasing, they have to be the same for this solution to work.)

The other possibility could be that the clothing has different viewport and render SubD levels, and for some reason it's pulling tighter into the skin with higher SubD levels at render-time without another opportunity to be smoothed. The solution would be the same, increase the viewport SubD of the clothing to the render SubD. That's probably a better approach to try first if there is a difference between viewport and render SubD on the nylons, since doing it on the figure can make everything painfully slow depending on your computer.

Post edited by thoreandan on
  • guangyang142guangyang142 Posts: 7
    edited November 2022

thoreandan said:

I've run into this a few times. I think I recently finally figured out what was going on in my case, at least: It seems the smoothing modifier is based on the viewport "SubDivision Level", not the "Render SubD Level". Presumably this is because smoothing is not run again after the figures are further subdivided at render-time.

In most cases this doesn't result in poke-through, because more subdivisions often just smooths everything out. But if the underlying figure has HD morphs applied, which can have very different shapes at SubD 1 or 2 vs. SubD 3 or 4 or 5, it could change how the clothing interacts with the figure when the subdivision is increased for the render.

Think of having a vein morph that pops the skin out a few millimeters at SubD 4, but doesn't really do anything at SubD 1. If the viewport is at SubD 1, and the clothing is very tight to the skin, the smoothing modifier isn't going to get a chance to shape the clothing around the veins.

Unfortunately, the only way I was able to fix it when this happened was to increase the viewport SubDivision Level of the underlying figure to the Render SubD Level and let the smoothing modifier do its thing just before rendering. (edit: make sure you unlink the Render SubD Level before increasing SubDivision Level so it doesn't also keep increasing, they have to be the same for this solution to work.)

The other possibility could be that the clothing has different viewport and render SubD levels, and for some reason it's pulling tighter into the skin with higher SubD levels at render-time without another opportunity to be smoothed. The solution would be the same, increase the viewport SubD of the clothing to the render SubD. That's probably a better approach to try first if there is a difference between viewport and render SubD on the nylons, since doing it on the figure can make everything painfully slow depending on your computer.

This method is only suitable for single frame rendering and cannot solve the problem of image series rendering

Post edited by guangyang142 on
  • hansolocambo说:

我从未在渲染时或 Iray 预览期间目睹过平滑问题?诡异的。

TheMysteryIsThePoint是绝对正确的。设置:参数选项卡 > Your_Cloth > 常规 > 网格平滑 > 交互式更新  到:打开(渲染前)

它应该解决这个问题吗?

sadly no,I tried all the methods I searched