Why do some G8 Clothes require Autofit on G8.1

Mostly I see this with non-Daz items, but I'm not entirely sure that's the case.  I just no that some clothing items for Genesis 8 Male require Autofit when applied to Genesis 8.1 Male and I'd like to correct that.

Comments

• Load the item into the scene (but not onto the figure), and then select the item in the Scene tab. Under the Edit/Object/Scene Identification... menu, is there anything under "Preferred Base", or does it say <none>? I find some non-Daz3D items, especially freebies, have no Preferred Base, and I guess that triggers Autofit on G8.1 (even though these clothes might have worked fine on G8).

To fix it, you can click the triple dots for Preferred Base and select Genesis 8/Male (not Genesis 8.1, although maybe that would also work, don't know), and then when you fit it to G8.1M it should work without autofit. But if you don't want to have to do this in every new scene you use the clothing item, I guess you have to save a new copy of the clothing as a Scene Asset.

If the clothing item already has a Preferred Base, then it must be something else and I'm not sure what to do.