Having an issue with volumetric lights

dragonfall1221dragonfall1221 Posts: 69
edited July 2015 in Bryce Discussion

Hi!

I'm having an issue with parallel lights as volumetrics. I'm trying to make it look like light is coming through two windows. When I add a new parallel light to the scene, the volume aspect disappears. This first picture has two parallel lights. The first is behind a pane of glass to make it look illuminated from outside. The second is the volumetric light so you can see the light rays.

imageimage

If I just copy and paste the volumetric light, the light gets more intense.

But, if I move that copied parallel light, the volumetrics on the other light goes away, and nothing I can do will change that. Even if I had a completely new parallel light this happens. You can see the second light is still casting the right design, but it is invisible.

Here are the settings for the volumetric light

Is there a way around this issue? Thanks in advance for any assistance :)

volumetric light test 1.png
708 x 310 - 154K
volumetric light test 2.png
755 x 351 - 180K
volumetric light test 3.png
925 x 351 - 63K
volumetric light test front.png
462 x 389 - 229K
volumetric light test settings.png
1025 x 393 - 430K
Post edited by dragonfall1221 on

Comments

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,296

It's a bug, I'm sorry to say. In Bryce 7.1, one volumetric light is fine, two and more and you lose the volumetrics on all.

• Horo said:

It's a bug, I'm sorry to say. In Bryce 7.1, one volumetric light is fine, two and more and you lose the volumetrics on all.

Darn it. Thanks for the info, Horo. I've been driving myself crazy for two days thinking it was something I was doing, or that there was a button that needed pressing. I'll just have to find a work around. 

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,296

Create a spot light, volume, infinite. It looks fine. Ctrl-c/ctrl-v it and the visible light seems double so bright. Now move one slowly sideways and see what happens. If you do this in Bryce 6.1, what you see makes sense, which it doesn't in Bryce 7.1. Pity!