Faery Wings Deluxe in Poser 7

I just loaded up the Faery Wings Deluxe in Poser 7, and did a test render of them. They're looking nothing like in the promo renders - the magicky bits seem to cast shadows on themselves no matter what I do. When I first got these things years ago, I had the same problem, and I can't for the life of me remember how to fix it. I've tried turning 'Cast Shadows' off in every part of the wings, and looking into the material nodes... I can't figure out what the problem is. I tried looking it up online, and can't find any help threads about this anymore.

The attached image was rendered using the Poser 4 render engine, but the FireFly one looks pretty much the same. The light set used is Poser's default light set.

The solution to this is probably something really simple, which is why it's so frustrating, haha... If anyone can help out with this, thanks.

Wings Problem 01.png

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Moving your thread to the Poser forum, as it shoul;d get more attention there.

• seeker273seeker273 Posts: 449

It works fine in DS, just like in the promos. In poser I got the same problem. I can't see the texture you used but this one's sparkle is close. You can still see the black in the picture but much less than in the starting render. I just changed the specular color and upped the ambient value a little.

sparks2.jpg
    538 x 842 - 238K
  • seeker273 said:

It works fine in DS, just like in the promos. In poser I got the same problem. I can't see the texture you used but this one's sparkle is close. You can still see the black in the picture but much less than in the starting render. I just changed the specular color and upped the ambient value a little.

Thanks for your help. It's much appreciated. :)