Geometry shell makeups causing black face

The makeup I'm using and at question is INSTAGLAM'R IRAY Magic MakeUp Genesis 8, 8.1 & 3.

Model is Gen 8.1

Adding the geoshell to the face makes the face have black patches. The image link is what happens if I apply the geoshell. 
https://imgur.com/a/JPAxAaY

It seems like the original model doesn't have this issue, but the one I touched does.

Now the one with the problem does have another makeup, but it's directly onto skin, (directly on imagemap). And some face morphs. 

I'd like to remove whatever's causing this issue, can anyone help me?

Comments

• hansolocambohansolocambo Posts: 649
    edited November 2022

Geoshell loads fine except shell > torso is still ON, so you gotta set that OFF in the Parameters Tab (Torso ON makes the rear of the head white).

I tried loading the shell on different random face morphs and I couldn't reproduce your problem. Shell follows exactly modifications to Genesis so I don't really see what could go wrong anyway. Maybe try to change the default Geoshell > Mesh Offset (Parameters Tab) from 0.0030 to to 0.0050 or more. This will push away the geoshell and might fix the issue ?

If you don't use the geoshell system, you can also get exactly the same make-up options without the geoshell (Direct_on_skin in your content library) You could try that instead.

Fabiana has been quiet smart ! To make this universal make-up system, she didn't use the usual LIE system creating temporary textures. But instead she loads textures on the existing face shader, in Diffuse Overlay Weight (Opacity map for make-up color), Diffuse Overlay Color (color of the make-up), Metallic Flakes Weight (opacity map for flakes), and Metallic Flakes Color. This way she managed to create nice, colored, glittering and shiny make-ups ultra customizable (manually in the Surfaces Tab) straight on the existing face shader, without affecting its original skin color. Pretty clever make-up system.

Post edited by hansolocambo on
  • OokOok Posts: 20

Thanks for the info hansolocambo. It'll definitely prove useful along the way.

For the matter at hand though it turns out the memory was the issue. I set my instance optimization from Auto to Memory and it's gone now!