I would be interested in what the Ultra Scenery artist could do with a HDRI sky generator?

RexRedRexRed Posts: 1,283

I would be interested in what the Ultra Scenery artist could do with a HDRI sky generator?

Work the same magic you have worked with landscapes and create a sky generator. yes

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• Produce gorgeous Bryce Skies (for want of another name), maybe?

That would be amazing.

Not necessarily Howie, could be anyone with an aptitude like that.

Regards,

Richard.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,721

RexRed said:

Work the same magic you have worked with landscapes and create a sky generator. yes

you say HDRI, but that is very different than what Ultra scenery is/does. HDRI is just an image that provides a background while creating light also, there are already a ton of quality free and commercial HDRI images for skies on the web and in the store

• I think RexRed means like Bryce, Carrara and Vue which all have skies with animated  cloud generators, that cast shadow

• RexRedRexRed Posts: 1,283
    edited November 2022

WendyLuvsCatz said:

I think RexRed means like Bryce, Carrara and Vue which all have skies with animated  cloud generators, that cast shadow

Yes, exactly WendyLuvsCatz, the sky generator could use HDRIs that we already have and come with a few more, and supply various VDB sky cloud patterns, near/far, many/few clouds, haze, mist, rain, fog, snow, smoke, raining fire, dust particles, sandstorm, day and night, moon/sun, starfields, I dunno maybe lens flairs and god rays?

The clouds could populate in the camera view only (optional) to save on render times and GPU memory.

Thanks for the responses awesome Daz peeps!  heart   

Post edited by RexRed on