Bone rotation

Just converted a figure to g9 and all seems to be working ok apart from the thumbs. I auto aligned bones and all work but the thumb bones seem to bend to the side and not up and down. Is there any way of rotating the bone 90 degrees or is there something inherently broken with my morph? The thumbs look perfect in default pose.

Comments

• hansolocambohansolocambo Posts: 649
    edited October 2022

I never worked on G9 so I can't tell if, on top of wireframe, UVs and textures changes, the actual bone structure has also been revamped or at least some of the bones Rotation Order.

Maybe should you try, using the Joint Editor Tool, to select a finger bone and change in Tool Settings Tab the Rotation order. Originally (G8) fingers are XYZ. Try another Rotation Order to see which one works.

Just "converted" a figure to g9 [...] I auto aligned bones and all [...]

But I'd say there's something wrong in your workflow.

Post edited by hansolocambo on
  • felisfelis Posts: 4,191

Not sure what you are seeing, but you can change bone rotazion order if you go into the Joint Editor, and can also move the bone attachment points.

• globallyglobally Posts: 122

Thanks, i completely forgot about the joint editor. Has done the trick but the bones are at some weird angles now. mesh and overall look seems ok though.