dforce borked after last studio update

Seems with the last update of the app.  My dforce simulation has borked and fails on everything.  Must be to try and get me to but all the gen9 stuff.

I've tried various dforce assets, but have resorted to testing with a native gen8M default pose, and a few different clothes.  30 frames, not from memorized pose, though it is in the default pose all 30 frames.

Hit simulate, counter runs for 4s, pauses (might be 10s total) and errors with check log for details.

Doing so shows  107 repeats of the line (yes I counted): 

2022-10-30 19:31:35.394 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\src\dzopenclkernelfactory.cpp(32): Open CL notify: Unknown error executing clFlush on NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti (Device 0).

2022-10-30 19:31:35.394 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\src\dzopenclkernelfactory.cpp(32): Open CL notify: Unknown error executing clFlush on NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti (Device 0).

2022-10-30 19:31:35.395 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\src\dzdynamicsengine.cpp(3293): ERROR: clFinish (-36)
2022-10-30 19:31:35.446 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\src\dzopenclkernelfactory.cpp(32): Open CL notify: Unknown error executing clFlush on NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti (Device 0).

2022-10-30 19:32:14.256 [INFO] :: Total Simulation Time: 51.75 seconds

I can tell you the last date I ran successfully a dForce sim was on 2022-10-09

Just updated Nvidia drivers again to no avail still errors out, with and without an app restart.

Anyone know what this clFlush error means?

Comments

• NM found it with a G search.  They need to work on their forum search applet it seems.

• I figured it out :)

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

NM found it with a G search.  They need to work on their forum search applet it seems.

So what's the solution and did it work?
  • lorddayradonlorddayradon Posts: 446
    edited November 2022

IceDragonArt said:

lorddayradon said:

NM found it with a G search.  They need to work on their forum search applet it seems.

Seach for the specific error in goolge (from the logs, Unknown error executing clFlush)  it will lead you to the forum.  It's an Nvidia driver thing, have to roll back, he posted links to the direct files, I used the studio version and seems to work great.

Post edited by lorddayradon on
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

lorddayradon said:

IceDragonArt said:

lorddayradon said:

Seach for the specific error in goolge (from the logs, Unknown error executing clFlush)  it will lead you to the forum.  It's an Nvidia driver thing, have to roll back, he posted links to the direct files, I used the studio version and seems to work great.

Thank you!  Also, someone posted that Nvidia would have this fixed by mid November.  So hopefully that's true as well!

edited November 2022

Does anyone know the chunk size for processing in iray?  Have an image I'm using with a the rolled back driver and it's taking forever.  Just trying to determine if it's the driver, or my scene that's causing this.

Normally if I do a 1920x1080, on q2-q4,  i can get it done in 24hrs or less, and I get incremental % completed updates. My current image is:

2048x1736 (not a huge difference)

Quality 4

Currently I'm at 17.5 hrs rendering, 8752 iterations, and 0% completed.  Haven't even gotten a 0.02% convergence message or similar, none.

It is still running, and iterations are ticking up slowly. but the convergence report seems to be missing. It is heavy in geometry and textures, so it could be that and the render size, or it could be this rolled back driver that addresses the cflush issue.  I'm just trying to figure out if an iray iteration, represents one full pass of the entire image, or just a chunk or portion of the image and what size that might be in relation to the overall image size?

EDit:  Finally! 29hrs 52m, 14920 iterations, 0.08% convergence!

• IceDragonArt said:

lorddayradon said:

IceDragonArt said:

lorddayradon said:

Thank you!  Also, someone posted that Nvidia would have this fixed by mid November.  So hopefully that's true as well!

Yes, see https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/595931/daz-studio-4-21-0-x-pro-general-release/p1#known_issues

edited November 2022

Might be fixed with the latest release just now:

3.1 Fixed Issues in Version 526.98 WHQ

 G-SYNC logo is not displayed in the LG OLED TV menu when connected to GeForce RTX 40 series GPUs [3849595]

 Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection may crash when launched on a GeForce GTX 10 series GPU [3841379]

 [QNIX QX2710/Fujitsu Siemens SL23T-1/Dell UP2715K/ HP Z27q] Unable to select the native resolution of certain monitors from the Windows display settings [3833829][3833632][3689061]

 [Daz Studio] Application crashes after updating to latest driver when trying to run simulation [3838022]  Desktop Window Manager (dwm.exe) service may report significantly higher GPU usage on certain PC configurations [3830387/3739997]

 Maxon - Cinema4D + Redshift3D vidmemory allocations cause TDR or Driver Crash [3659104]

edit:  https://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/526.98/526.98-win11-win10-release-notes.pdf