Dforce setting to make the hair stop floating? (Solved - ish)

hejjj12hejjj12 Posts: 49

Hi I have now found another dforce issue. The hair just dosen't want to fully land when I simulate. Is there a setting that can be changed to give the hair more time to full land?

I render the simulation with the charachter falling so that she lands in that pose, however as you see part of the hair just stops and floats, I tried playing with the gravitity settings and a few other, but it didn't help. 

EDIT: I decided to alter the image in photoshop instead...

Hair not landing.png
2496 x 1231 - 1M
Post edited by hejjj12 on

Comments

• hejjj12hejjj12 Posts: 49
    edited October 2022

Here is one more example of how the strands keep hovering at the end of the simulation.

I also tried the lowest settings on all the stiffnes parameters in the surface setting. 

First part floating hair.png
    1674 x 968 - 499K
    end part part floating hair.png
    2484 x 1268 - 832K
    Still floating.png
    2485 x 1285 - 2M
    Stiffness.png
    1660 x 1127 - 1M
  • hansolocambohansolocambo Posts: 649
    edited October 2022

Roxi Hair are made of 4 surfaces. Not all have the same Simulation/Surface Properties.

Surface Back behaves more the way you want. Eventually try to copy that Surface onto Bangs eventually.

Or check what's the difference between Back and Bang Surface and play with all those Simulation Values until you find out what's best for your scene.

Post edited by hansolocambo on
  • rosselianirosseliani Posts: 374
    edited October 2022

Is Roxi Hair a SBH dForce Hair asset? I face the same kind of problem with Manami Hair by Kobamax. Simulation starts then freeze like the hair is made of iron wire.

With classical (cards) hair I usually decrease the "Collision Offset" Simulation Surface parameter and the hair falls down much better.

Using the "Timeline Play Range" instead of "Current Frame" helps for increasing the Simulation time.

Simulating dForceHair with a lying pose on a dForce bed and (or) pillows can be very tricky, wish you a good luck!: https://www.deviantart.com/rosseliani/art/Another-project-dForce-Sofa-and-Sofa-Poses-WIP-929497694

Post edited by rosseliani on
  • hansolocambohansolocambo Posts: 649
    edited October 2022

Using the "Timeline Play Range" instead of "Current Frame" helps for increasing the Simulation time.

Or you can simulate using Simulation > Frames To Simulate > Current Frame and change the Stabilization Time from the default very short 1 to a much higher value (20 or more, it can be stopped manually during simulation). This lets the simulation run a single frame for much longer until things settle the way you want them to.

Post edited by hansolocambo on

hansolocambo said:

Roxi Hair are made of 4 surfaces. Not all have the same Simulation/Surface Properties.

Surface Back behaves more the way you want. Eventually try to copy that Surface onto Bangs eventually.

Or check what's the difference between Back and Bang Surface and play with all those Simulation Values until you find out what's best for your scene.

Ah thanks, copying from the back did make the hair move a bit better, still floated, but it improved. Thanks for the tip, will defenelty help with other renders. 

rosseliani said:

Is Roxi Hair a SBH dForce Hair asset? I face the same kind of problem with Manami Hair by Kobamax. Simulation starts then freeze like the hair is made of iron wire.

With classical (cards) hair I usually decrease the "Collision Offset" Simulation Surface parameter and the hair falls down much better.

Simulating dForceHair with a lying pose on a dForce bed and (or) pillows can be very tricky, wish you a good luck!: https://www.deviantart.com/rosseliani/art/Another-project-dForce-Sofa-and-Sofa-Poses-WIP-929497694

Yeah the iron wire hair dosen't seem to really go away, the hair just keeps locking after a longer fall. Guess that is just how it is, and dosen't matter how much extra time I add. 

Yeah, a bit too tricky for me, decided to just draw the hair how I wanted it to fall, dforce hair is till good, but it only seem to be really good for standing poses. Thanks for the collision offest tip anyway, that was a good tip. 

Fixed with ps.png
    1311 x 865 - 2M
  • have you tried adding additional frames after the final pose frame to give it more time for the hair to fall into place?

edited November 2022

Ealdwulf said:

have you tried adding additional frames after the final pose frame to give it more time for the hair to fall into place?

Yes, I added multipale frames, more than a two thirds were with her laying still, and the hairs just freezes in place and wobbles very slightly back and forth. No matter how many extra frames I added the hair strands just decides to stop moving in the air after a while. Which is a bit wierd. 

(As you can see in my first two images at 26% she has already had the time to fall down on the couch from a standing potion, the rest of the time is just her laying still)

Update:
    HAve also noticed now that Roxi hair is very sensetive to any type of contact. If anything like a hand or anything is close to it, Straws start pointing to all directions. So my error might have been that she was laying on her hand, and maybe that the hair came to close to the couch. (other dforce hair that I tried like the Banchee hair did not have that issue.)