Duplicate Formula Issue after recent Update from DAZ

After receiving and installing a DAZ update for Matthieu HD, I've started receiving "Duplicate Formula" errors as shown below:

2022-10-29 13:13:12.965 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(7158): Duplicate formula found linking MatthieuJCMShinBendRight & XRotate in D:/My Library/scene subsets/!!-g81ah-g8g-gpg-3dl-2s-latrine-couple- 2022-1.duf.

2022-10-29 13:13:12.965 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(7159): owner: Genesis8_1Male

2022-10-29 13:13:12.965 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(7160): output: Genesis8_1Male:/Scene%20Subsets/%21%21-G81AH-G8G-GPG-3DL-2S-LATRINE-COUPLE-%202022-1.duf#ZachJCMShinBendRight?value

2022-10-29 13:13:12.966 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(7161): input: rShin:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Male%208_1/Genesis8_1Male.dsf#rShin?rotation/x

2022-10-29 13:13:13.076 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(7158): Duplicate formula found linking MatthieuJCMShinBendLeft & XRotate in D:/My Library/scene subsets/!!-g81ah-g8g-gpg-3dl-2s-latrine-couple- 2022-1.duf.

2022-10-29 13:13:13.076 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(7159): owner: Genesis8_1Male

2022-10-29 13:13:13.076 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(7160): output: Genesis8_1Male:/Scene%20Subsets/%21%21-G81AH-G8G-GPG-3DL-2S-LATRINE-COUPLE-%202022-1.duf#ZachJCMShinBendLeft?value

2022-10-29 13:13:13.076 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(7161): input: lShin:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Male%208_1/Genesis8_1Male.dsf#lShin?rotation/x

How do I resolve this problem?

Comments

• That looks as if the content files are somehow pointing to some scene files. had you used File>Save as>Support Assets>Save Modified Assets after making changes to a proerpty or properties, or made changes and resaved the morphs?

• Thanks for the quick reply.

No.  The Matthieu HD update bug has affected ALL Genesis 8.1 figures, even if they don't use Matthieu HD morphs.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Matthieu HD character, but the same error is generated for any 8.1 male figure that's loaded into an empty scene.

• The only solution I've discovered, so far, is to completely uninstall Matthieu HD from the DAZ Product tab and then uninstall Matthieu HD from Install Manager.  

After a DAZ Studio reload, the problem is resolved.

This is clearly an instance of a corrupted product update file.

• Happy to read I'm not the only one with this issue since the last product update, gonna remove Matthieu HD until a fix is found :\

• Thanks for the feedback.

Hopefully DAZ will repair the toxic update soon.

• I've tried repeatedly to install/uninstall Matthieu HD, but the same "Duplicate Formula" error is generated every time I try to load any 8.1 character.

I had hoped that DAZ Developers would "quietly" fix the toxic update, but so far they haven't.  Apparently Customer Service is no longer of importance to DAZ.

Here again is the error produced by the Log file:

2022-11-13 07:55:59.456 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(7414): Duplicate formula found linking MatthieuJCMShinBendRight & XRotate in D:/My DAZ 3D Library/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Male 8_1/Morphs/kooki99/KOO Matthieu/MatthieuJCMShinBendRight.dsf.

2022-11-13 07:55:59.456 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(7415): owner: Genesis8_1Male

2022-11-13 07:55:59.456 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(7416): output: Genesis8_1Male:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Male%208_1/Morphs/kooki99/KOO%20Matthieu/MatthieuJCMShinBendRight.dsf#ZachJCMShinBendRight?value

2022-11-13 07:55:59.456 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(7417): input: rShin:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Male%208_1/Genesis8_1Male.dsf#rShin?rotation/x

2022-11-13 07:55:59.542 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(7414): Duplicate formula found linking MatthieuJCMShinBendLeft & XRotate in D:/My DAZ 3D Library/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Male 8_1/Morphs/kooki99/KOO Matthieu/MatthieuJCMShinBendLeft.dsf.

2022-11-13 07:55:59.542 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(7415): owner: Genesis8_1Male

2022-11-13 07:55:59.542 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(7416): output: Genesis8_1Male:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Male%208_1/Morphs/kooki99/KOO%20Matthieu/MatthieuJCMShinBendLeft.dsf#ZachJCMShinBendLeft?value

2022-11-13 07:55:59.542 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(7417): input: lShin:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Male%208_1/Genesis8_1Male.dsf#lShin?rotation/x

Why an update to one 8.1 version character negatively affects "all" other 8.1 characters is unacceptable.  If Matthieu HD is fully uninstalled, all 8.1 characters load successfully.

Please fix this.

• All Genesis 8.1 male figues read and load the properties, otherwise they would not have the sliders available. That means that any duplicate formula issue will be encoruntered, regardless of whether or not the proeprties involved are in use.

Clearly there is a conflcit, internal to Matthieu or between two characters, on your system. I just tried both the Connect and DIM installs of Matthieu (uninstalling one before installing the other, and using different versions of DS) and had no duplicate formula alerts, so it seems this is a conflict with another product rather than a fault in the Matthieu HD product - assuming you have the current version.

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,886
    edited November 2022

I suspect that what you have are 4 badly done JCM morph asset files, 2 in this Matthieu character, and the other 2 in another character from the same vendor.

Richard check the "MatthieuJCMShinBendLeft.dsf", does it use "ZachJCMShinBendLeft" for all of the Asset ID's in the file, or is it just used in the Formula.

Post edited by Bejaymac on
  • Bejaymac said:

I suspect that what you have are 4 badly done JCM morph asset files, 2 in this Matthieu character, and the other 2 in another character from the same vendor.

Richard check the "MatthieuJCMShinBendLeft.dsf", does it use "ZachJCMShinBendLeft" for all of the Asset ID's in the file, or is it just used in the Formula.

It's used both as id and in the formula - it does look like a copy/paste issue, as if Zach https://www.daz3d.com/zach-hd-for-genesis-81-male was used as a tempate (and I don't have that character, so if that is the conflict I would be spared).

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,886

A "copy/paste" was what I suspected, as I have encountered this before from this vendor.

Doesn't even need to be Zach that's causing the conflict, if the same "copy/paste" has been done with any of the other male characters, then those would be the source of the conflict.

Which is why I said 4 bad JCMs in my last post, couldn't find Zach in the store as the filters were hiding it from me.

• Hi guys, 

Sorry about that, I'm working on a fix right away !

• Hey, 

Can you please put these 2 files in \data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Male 8_1\Morphs\kooki99\KOO Matthieu of the Library where Matthieu is installed ?
    Let me know if it works, I'll update the package.
    Thanks !

zip
    zip
    MatthieuDuplicateForumlaFix.zip
  • kooki99fr said:

Hey, 

Can you please put these 2 files in \data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Male 8_1\Morphs\kooki99\KOO Matthieu of the Library where Matthieu is installed ?
    Thanks !

I can't address whether it fixes the duplication, but they certainly don't cause any erros on their own .

• Richard Haseltine said:

kooki99fr said:

Hey, 

Thanks !

I can't address whether it fixes the duplication, but they certainly don't cause any erros on their own .

Thank you, Waiting for Colin to test and confirm all is good.

• I downloaded the latest version of Matthieu HD from DAZ through Install Manager as well as the Smart Content/Products tab.

The Duplicate Formulas error is still generated regardless of the install method.

I have three products from this vendor, Devon, Zach and Matthieu.  Devon and Zach do not produce the Duplicate Formulas error.  Only when I add Matthieu to my runtime does the problem occur.  The original Matthieu installer from 2017 did not generate the errors.  Only with the latest Matthieu update did the problem appear.

Should uninstall Devon and Zach and then try to install Matthieu?

• Update:

I re-read the thread and realized that "both" Richard and I were being asked to copy the test .dsf files into the runtime/data directory.  Sorry for the misunderstanding.

After copying the files as directed, the problem with Matthieu was resolved!  No further Duplicate Formula errors.

Thanks for your support!

Will a new update be forthcoming?

• Colin said:

Update:

I re-read the thread and realized that "both" Richard and I were being asked to copy the test .dsf files into the runtime/data directory.  Sorry for the misunderstanding.

After copying the files as directed, the problem with Matthieu was resolved!  No further Duplicate Formula errors.

Thanks for your support!

Will a new update be forthcoming?

Thanks for testing up, Colin !
    Of course, I'll prepare and upload a new update including the Fix
    Sorry again for any inconvenience !

• I just downloaded and installed the new DAZ Update for Matthieu HD and everything is A.O.K.!  No more Duplicate Formulas.

Thanks again!

• Colin said:

I just downloaded and installed the new DAZ Update for Matthieu HD and everything is A.O.K.!  No more Duplicate Formulas.

Thanks again!

Perfect !
    Again, thanks for the heads up on this and sorry for the inconvenience !