Will misfit hair items get fixed for Genesis 9?

RexRedRexRed Posts: 1,283

Will misfit hair items get fixed for Genesis 9?

I have this problem with a lot of hair assets.

None of the autofit options correct it (that I could find).

This is "tousled hair" and I see it used a lot in the Daz gallery. It is like the skull cap fits correctly but the hair itself has been set for beard/face instead of head.

Is there a workaround that does not require too many steps?

Misfit Hair Genesis 9.png
1000 x 1000 - 785K
Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• TobiasTobias Posts: 108
    edited October 2022

I've seen that with any hair that has a separate haircap when you autofit it.

The only workaround is to load it in without the character selected. Then move it to the correct position, morph it to fit the headshape and then parent it to the head, not fit it to the character.

Post edited by Tobias on
  • RexRedRexRed Posts: 1,283
    edited October 2022

Tobias said:

The only workaround is to load it in without the character selected. Then move it to the correct position, morph it to fit the headshape and then parent it to the head, not fit it to the character.

How do I "morph it to fit the headshape"? Do you mean by hand, like with Mesh Grabber or something? 

It would stand to reason that if they can perfectly fit the skull cap to the head they should be able to fit the hair to the skull cap.

Post edited by RexRed on
  • LeanaLeana Posts: 11,387

RexRed said:

How do I "morph it to fit the headshape"? Do you mean by hand, like with Mesh Grabber or something?

Hair often has morphs to adjust it, so start with those combined with scaling/rotation/translation.

• TobiasTobias Posts: 108

RexRed said:

Tobias said:

It would stand to reason that if they can perfectly fit the skull cap to the head they should be able to fit the hair to the skull cap.

Load the hair without the character selected. Use the translate tools to move it into place.  On the haircap there is usually several fit morphs (e.g. back of head, temples, top height, etc ). Use those to fit to the skull. Once it is set then right mouseclick the hair in the scene tab, then choose Parent (not Fit) and parent it to the head of the character.

I have no idea why the cap fits fine but the hair turns into a mask.  Someone with more knowledge about how all this works may be able to explain it

• felisfelis Posts: 4,191

I think the reason the hair goes berserk is that it is using G8 rigging, and when the cap get autofitted  to G9 it get G9 rigging. And then it tries to match the G8 rig to the caps G9 rig - and fails terrible.

I have considered if there is a way to convert the hair to G9 rig too without messing it up. A PA will probably come with a solution.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037
    edited October 2022

this will teach me to post before looking blush

see this thread

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/597396/tutorial-how-to-fit-poseable-hair-to-genesis-9

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on