My first render(s)

kingofthedirt702kingofthedirt702 Posts: 12
edited December 2022 in Art Studio

Hey,

New to Daz3D and its community. Just wanted to share my first render (just the character, didn't really want to throw in a free background just because I had it). I know there's some minor clipping but wasn't able to really work around it. It isn't much to go off, but if anybody has some tips or advice before I try to tackle other things, I'd appreciate it.

Side note: please let me know if the character reminds you of a celebrity or video game character. Idk if it's because I've been looking at her for the past few hours but she's eerily familiar and I feel like I'm infringing on someone's rights somehow lol

Post edited by kingofthedirt702 on

Comments

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,786
    She reminds me of Sue Richards!
  • pofotigecpofotigec Posts: 32
    edited October 2022

Welcome! Sadly for some reason I don't see any picture showing up. Weird..

In any case, it's good to have you ^^ I do look forward to eventually seeing your work. And I wouldn't worry about you infringing haha. Theres actually a fair number look alikes as it is ^^ Or at the very least, very similar/inspired

Post edited by pofotigec on
  • kingofthedirt702kingofthedirt702 Posts: 12
    edited October 2022

Haha realized I didn't attach the picture right after but I thought it wouldn't get posted and fell asleep. I knew I said it wasn't much but I didn't mean that much. Here it is:

vampg.png
    1920 x 1080 - 514K
  • kingofthedirt702kingofthedirt702 Posts: 12
    edited December 2022

Gonna start using this thread to share my work while I'm still starting out.

My second render. Finished it a couple weeks ago, rendered it, but ended up not sharing it. I went back today and tweaked the lighting and was really surprised by how much better it looked. Feedback is appreciated! Here's the before and after and a slightly alternate version:

BEFORE.png
    2560 x 1440 - 6M
    AFTER.png
    2560 x 1440 - 5M
    ALT.png
    2560 x 1440 - 5M
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,201

Even though the "after" render has more dynamic lighting, I prefer "before".

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,786
    edited December 2022

I like the after version better but I think she needs an additional highlight on her face.

I also think you should crop the image on either one side to make the composition more asymmetrical.

Then again... the current focus, in terms of lighting and composition, is very much on her breasts... I guess there's something unpretentios about that cool

Post edited by Hylas on
  • Thank you both- 

Gordig said:

Even though the "after" render has more dynamic lighting, I prefer "before".

Just curious, what do you like better about the lighting in the first image? Imo it really washes out the details in the face and makes it look flatter. I also think the color is too cool compared to the environment. 

Hylas said:

I like the after version better but I think she needs an additional highlight on her face.

I also think you should crop the image on either one side to make the composition more asymmetrical.

Then again... the current focus, in terms of lighting and composition, is very much on her breasts... I guess there's something unpretentios about that cool

haha, I'll just argue that was at least somewhat on purpose. will try to incorporate your feedback when I come back to this one.

Here's another render I threw together quickly. it's a WIP for now, still want to tweak some things. 

city.png
    2560 x 1440 - 4M
  • SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,653

Some great renders so far @Kingofthedirt702!!

The last render looks like she stopped in a ghost town laugh

• junkjunk Posts: 1,232

Wow looking great and things are coming along fast!  If you haven't already you should post some of the images to the Daz Gallery so others can see.

• ^Thank you guys!

It's been a while since I've posted something. I've been playing with the software on and off but got the urge to actually finish a render this time. Meant to replace the sky in post but I accidentally rendered as a jpg. I think the rim light on the right side should probably be a little bit brighter. Didn't really intend on posting the second picture; the lighting is an HDRI, was mostly just messing around with the character, D-Force, hair shaders, etc.

bedroom.jpg
    2560 x 1440 - 1M
    girl.png
    732 x 1186 - 716K