Save load issue with clothes on V9

johnbpjohnbp Posts: 55

GF8 clothes no longer save correcly after V9 HD update tonight.  With or without running simulation or rendering they distort after saving and reloading.  Before tonight save of this character and these clothes worked just fine.  No changes like this happened before update was done tonight.

"Before.png" is original after saving.  "Reloaded.png" is after closing Daz and reopening same file.

Before.png
535 x 629 - 396K
Reloaded.png
565 x 674 - 439K
Post edited by johnbp on

Comments

• Are those native Genssi 9 clothes of refitted?

• johnbpjohnbp Posts: 55
    edited October 2022

Richard Haseltine said:

Are those native Genssi 9 clothes of refitted?

Gen 8 clothes fitted to Gen 9 using the usual pop-up tool where you state that Gen 8 is the original target, and the type of clothing it is. 

This exact piece of clothing worked since I first started with Gen 9 on day one.  Suddenly it can't be reloaded properly after saving it and closing Daz.

Edit to add:  Only change has been a DIM update to V9 HD that was run before opening Daz.  After that update, it has been a continous problem.  I am going to try other combinations, but won't be able to until tonight.

Post edited by johnbp on
    edited October 2022

Okay, same problem with other GF8 clothing on a new V9 body.  Not the exact same distorion, but similar.  I do notice dforce behaving badly too.  Clothing goes almost completely inside character before "forming" around her.  Never saw this before. And end result is not correct.  It leaves small portions still inside the character.

And no, I have not updated my video drivers.  Still on 517.40 Studio driver for my RTX3060ti.

Post edited by johnbp on
  • What happens if you save the converted clothing as an asset (File>Save As>Support Assets>Figure/prop Asset) before saving the scene?

Richard Haseltine said:

What happens if you save the converted clothing as an asset (File>Save As>Support Assets>Figure/prop Asset) before saving the scene?

Darn, I thought that was a great idea.  But same result.