Slaving one slider to another

I have created an eye morph to fit a converted G8.1 character into G9. For the life of me, I cannot get the eyes to change with the character morph. I know I'm missing something, I just don't know what. Please help. Thanks in advance ;)

Comments

• lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,375
    edited October 2022

If you dial up both sliders (only those sliders), you can then go into Edit Mode in the Parameters tab, and right click your 'master' character morph and click 'ERC Freeze', you will be able to save all the 'slave' parameters.  Scroll through the list of subcomponents to check all the slave parameters are as expected.

In Daz Studio parlance:

• Master = Controller
    • Slave = Subcomponent

You can also set up master and slave (controller and subcomponents) manually in the Properterties Heirarchy

Post edited by lilweep on
  • AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,153

lilweep said:

If you dial up both sliders (only those sliders), you can then go into Edit Mode in the Parameters tab, and right click your 'master' character morph and click 'ERC Freeze', you will be able to save all the 'slave' parameters.  Scroll through the list of subcomponents to check all the slave parameters are as expected.

In Daz Studio parlance:

• Master = Controller
    • Slave = Subcomponent

You can also set up master and slave (controller and subcomponents) manually in the Properterties Heirarchy

Thank you for helping, but I got it to work, but then it loses the adjusted rigging. If I adjust rigging to shape afterward and save as morph assets, it still doesn't save the rigging. I guess I just am gonna need too much hand holding. Color me REALLY frustrated ;). But thanks ;)

• lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,375
    edited October 2022

I barely know what im talking about, so someone else please correct me if wrong, but i think the following applies:

• You have to adjust rigging first before saving morphs.
    • Ideally you would only adjust rigging relevant to one morph at a time.
    • After adjusting rigging for one morph, ERC freeze your morph, and it will link all the rigging adjustments for that morphs. When doing the ERC Freeze, you can scroll through the properties to see that the only ones being linked are relevant to your morph. And uncheck any that are not relevant. E.g., if your morph is a hand morph, you dont want to have any subcomponents for the eyes or ears etc.
    • Now when you dial in morph, it should adjust rigging. Check that is the case with the Joint Editor Tool active while dialling in the morph.
    • Save the morph as morph assets.
    • Then create your master controllers/slave relationship on the existing morph assets.

By the way, there is some annoying issue when modifying rigging after you have already saved out morphs with ERC links.  It is best to just delete them all and start again. Otherwise, you can do the following:

• right click your morph while in Edit Mode and use 'ERC Bake (Delta, Add, Subtract)'.  I believe should remove the ERC links and allow you to re do the ERC Link and save the morph asset again.

Post edited by lilweep on