Sorting the Base Directories?

Is there a way to change the sort order of our Base Directories?  They sort by default by date added and I would like to sort them alphabetically.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• OmnifluxOmniflux Posts: 371

Edit -> Preferences -> Content -> Content Directory Manager

Find the content directory you want to reorder on the right hand side, buttons to change order are in the lower left corner.

• Causam3DCausam3D Posts: 207

Omniflux said:

Edit -> Preferences -> Content -> Content Directory Manager

Find the content directory you want to reorder on the right hand side, buttons to change order are in the lower left corner.

Thank you Omniflux.
    So basically, I have to do it manually unless I want to move one all the way to the top or the bottom.  There are no automatic sort options.   Am I seeing this correctly?  I ask because I develop content and at any given time my base directories may number 30 or more.  It sometimes gets annoying not being able to find something quickly.  If I am seeing this correctly it's going to be a matter of manually shuffling everything and then doing this for each base directory I add thereafter as soon as I add it.  It's a solution.  I do wish there was a sort order options button though.

• OmnifluxOmniflux Posts: 371

Correct, there is no built in way to sort the directories.

Attached is a script to do so.

While I believe you should have no issues with this script, I highly recommend downloading and running the Save Mapped Paths script first, just in case.

dsa
    dsa
    Sort Content Directories.dsa
  • Causam3DCausam3D Posts: 207

Thank you sir, I appreciate that very much!