G9/V9 & G8 Strand-Based Hair Save/Load Issue?

nakamuram002nakamuram002 Posts: 781

FYI:

I have reported a suspected compatibility issue with G8 dForce Strand-Based Hair and G9/V9, to DAZ tech support.  They are investigating.

I can load and conform a G8 dForce Strand-Based Hair on G9/V9, run a sim on it and everything is OK.  I can save my result as a scene or sub-scene.  However, when I load my new scene into DS, the hair is messed up and cannot be re-conformed nor corrected in any way.  I have tried two hairs with the same result - PhilW's "Suzina Hair" and ChevyBabe's "Soft Curls Hair".  See attached images.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

SuzinaPreSave.jpg
787 x 922 - 60K
SuzinaSceneLoad.jpg
972 x 917 - 84K
SoftCurlsPreSave.jpg
1376 x 1012 - 155K
SoftCurlsSceneLoad.jpg
1458 x 911 - 148K
Post edited by nakamuram002 on

Comments

• I believe that this is a DAZ Studio "save/load scene" issue that needs to be fixed.  The "Suzina" and "Soft Curls" hairs autofit, conform, and simulate properly when used on G9/V9.

• DAZ says that this is a problem with compatibily that will not be addressed.  I have requested a refund on V9.

• Well that's not going to solve any problem. You know one can make their own Strand-Based hair in D/S. And V9 has some lovely hair made for her :-)

• Catherine3678ab said:

Well that's not going to solve any problem. You know one can make their own Strand-Based hair in D/S. And V9 has some lovely hair made for her :-)

Thanks Catherine3678ab.  The problem that is solved is that I really do not have to spend any more $$$ - I have plenty of good G8F clothing, dynamic hair, and shoes.  Temptation to buy has been eliminated!!  Plus, I prefer the way G8F bends when the DAZ Body morphs are used.  To me, G9/V9 bends like V4 and earlier figures (kinked tubing), when DAZ's body morphs are applied.

I do not have the skill to make strand-base hair and there are a lot of nice hairs for G8.  I do not like any of the present G9/V9 hairs as they are all "non-dynamic". 

• Yes there is a lot of content for G8F and certainly no reason to give up on that model.  I like the expressions for V9 and figure that for close-ups, portrait work, she has the detailing I like, esp. the eyes.

• Catherine3678ab said:

Yes there is a lot of content for G8F and certainly no reason to give up on that model.  I like the expressions for V9 and figure that for close-ups, portrait work, she has the detailing I like, esp. the eyes.

If closeup portrait work is what you do, then G9/V9 is the model for you.  She certainly has a lot of expression flexibility and there is a lot to play with.  I am the opposite - I do full body, zoomed out renders, so face detail is less important to me.  I am pretty certain that I will be using some form of G9 after all the kinks are worked out and appealing clothes, shoes, and dynamic hair become available, but until then...