G9 or V9 eye material application issue

I opened a ticket (couldn't find a place to simply report an encountered bug) about this not really and issue, but rather a bug, and was wondering if anyone else encountered this to see if my scene or Daz installation got screwed up somehow

I have 3 G9 figures in scene, working on the 3rd one I noticed that when I try to apply eye material (from Smart Content>Files tab) to any of the latter 2 G9 figures in the Scene (either selecting the figure or the eyes specifically) nothing seems to happen, Daz thinks for a moment, but the selected eyes on selected figure don't change, what does change is the material on the eyes of the G9 figure which is at the top of the hierarchy.

Workaround is simply to select the eyes that did change, Copy surfaces, select the eyes I wanted changed and paste the materials on to them.

Comments

• SqFKYoSqFKYo Posts: 8
    edited October 2022

I'm glad I'm not the only one. So you're just plopping down eyes until one of them managed to show the materials? My eyes show the properties correctly undert he surfaces tab, but fail to render correctly. My V9 eyes work properly, and I think it's mostly likely because they're H. Materials instead of Layered.

Post edited by SqFKYo on
  • j11011j11011 Posts: 32

Noticed another thing, tried to apply one the latter eyes the sclera material, and it did something odd not just o the selected eyes, but it also applied something to the irises of the unselected figures eyes, so something is definitely really messed up, I think I tried the sclera materials early on and they didn't seem to do anything even with a single G9 figure in the scene.

Anyway, current workaround seems to be apply V9 eyes to whichever figures eyes they work on, select the same ones and apply iris material, then copy everything to the eyes you wanted materials on in the first place.

Since Daz personell don't seem to bother with this section of forum, I'll add that I did get a response from Daz Support manager about my ticket, it said that he was able to replicate the problem and forwarded necessary info further down the line, also said to be patient and he'll update when this gets some attention.

• SqFKYoSqFKYo Posts: 8

Today's update to G9 Starter Essentials Expansion. I hope this will fix the base issue as well.

• 2022-10-31 - Updated eye presets to accurately apply to selected figure when multiple figures were in the scene.

• DAZ_JoshDAZ_Josh Posts: 1,367

That will update those. The G9 Starter Essentials still need to be updated as well for the eyes included in there

yes

• This still doesnt work