Issues Rendering

First off I am running on a laptop Win 11 and non nvidia graphics card so I am aware that this setup is not optimal for iray rendering but until this latest update it has been doing an acceptible job.  My latest G8F Render took over 18 hours and still wasn't at 95% (13+hrs for the foreground, 5+ hrs for the background. Neither part made it to 95% but looked good enough to use.)  Genesis9 will not render at all.  I really need to roll this back to the previous version or we need a new update to fix this.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• hansolocambohansolocambo Posts: 649
    edited October 2022

You might meet your computer limits there. G9F 8K textures are using a lot of memory. The render you're showing here would probably take about 5 to 10 minutes on my computer even in a much higer resolution than 1280×1600. Given the rendering time of 18 hours, I can only imagine the rest of your computer rig, and my advice would be to at least try this:

Make a copy of the Genesis 9 textures folder. Then resize all textures 50% smaller (8K down to 4K at least). This will lower down a lot the use of whatever is needed that your computer cannot handle.

See if that works. I (can only) guess it will.

N.B. : Probably a better choice : Render your scenes with https://boostfordaz.infinite-compute.com/.

In your specific case, I tend to think that even their first plan at  $1.40/hour would cost you much less money than what 18 hours !! of computer time represent on an electricity bill. An image of this pixel's size, stream-rendered with boostfordaz, would probably be finished in 20 minutes at most. And cost you about 50 cents on your $1.4 plan.

Post edited by hansolocambo on