Samantha Confident

Hello all,

I am new of the community though not that new of 3D software and in particular DAZ Studio Pro and Blender.
Though I consistently started to use it few weeks ago.

I'd like to share with you my first finished render made starting from Samantha, a free morph for Genesis 8 and 8.1 female figures, published by HumanXYStudio on RenderHub.
I made pose, facial expression, lighting setup, environment. The columns are from an old Daz3D store freebie asset.

samantha_confident_02_1K_instagram.png
1024 x 1024 - 2M

Comments

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,802

Good start! I like her pose, looks natural!

Facial expression is also pretty good, except I don't love what's happening with her tongue but that's subjective.

A few pointers if you want them:

You have some poke through with her bikini top. Dial out her nipples or apply smoothing modifier to the bikini.

I'd apply a more hi-res shader to the slab of rock she's leaning on, and enable depth of field to blur out the columns in the background.

You can also think about what the story behind your picture might be; right now it's all a bit random. It's hard for me to tell if it's supposed to be day or night, why she's wearing a bikini when the sky looks overcast, or why there is a magenta light.

Cheers!

• EnderEnder Posts: 23

Hylas said:

Good start! I like her pose, looks natural!

Facial expression is also pretty good, except I don't love what's happening with her tongue but that's subjective.

A few pointers if you want them:

You have some poke through with her bikini top. Dial out her nipples or apply smoothing modifier to the bikini.

I'd apply a more hi-res shader to the slab of rock she's leaning on, and enable depth of field to blur out the columns in the background.

You can also think about what the story behind your picture might be; right now it's all a bit random. It's hard for me to tell if it's supposed to be day or night, why she's wearing a bikini when the sky looks overcast, or why there is a magenta light.

Cheers!

Hello Hylas,

I appreciate very much your advices.

In fact this picture was done in a kind of first-time creative frenzy laugh.

I agree that the concrete cube behind her needs higher res maps and that the bikini requires some work. I will make some updates as soon as possible. I also don't like that much the hair, I wish I had something more... "hairy".

I am learning how to transfer wardrobe items, create new with Blender, export and re-import models and morphs... It's a bunch of things. I am also slowly learning how DAZ Studio works and the principles of Iray and the Material/Shaders that are a bit different from Blender. I am am also a NVidia Omniverse user and soon I will probably see if I can mix together Blender, DAZ Studio and Omniverse to create more realistic/believable scenes,

Also I really like posing, I like to make characters show off their soul and I really appreciate you got it in this little/first experiment and I find very interesting that you propose to give this picture a background story. We will see, I think she coudl be... at a party (light coming from some stage rig)... cheeky