More G8 Hair on G9 Problems

The subject of this problem is Nirvana's "dForce Kids Cute Hair".  I can load and conform this hair on G8 and make the bangs invisible.  However, when I do this on G9, the bangs remain visible after I apply the preset,  despite being shown as "turned off" in the parameters pane.  There are no errors in the log file.

NoBangsG8.jpg
1406 x 928 - 176K
BangsOnG9.jpg
1491 x 861 - 164K
txt
txt
KidsCuteBangsOn.txt

Comments

• I would suspect that the bangs were a separate bone on Genesis 8 and the preset is toggling the bone's visibility- converting via AutoFit does not carry custom bones across.

• Richard Haseltine said:

I would suspect that the bangs were a separate bone on Genesis 8 and the preset is toggling the bone's visibility- converting via AutoFit does not carry custom bones across.

Interesting...  Maybe I should delete the bone and its geometries prior to fitting the hair to G9?

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,305

A quick solution is to hide the bangs in the Geometry Editor by clicking off the eye

• Sevrin said:

A quick solution is to hide the bangs in the Geometry Editor by clicking off the eye

You can also use the Joint Editor to add a new Frontbangs bone to the converted hair (right-click>Edit menu), then in the Tool Settings pane, at top-right, click the Selection set button and select the Front Bangs group. That way hiding will persist ebtween sessions.

• Tried that last night, Richard, Severin.  Used the geometry editor to remove the "Front Bangs" Face Group polygons.  The results are good, and the hair is weel-suited to V9. Now to work on the hair color!!

KidsCute00.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 631K
  • SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,305

Just note that hiding the geometry is a quick fix.  It won't persist between saves, unlike Richard's method.

• Deleting the "bang polygons" works well for me, because I can get rid of the bangs PERMANENTLY for all figures.  I do not like the "dForce Kids Cute Hair" with the full width bangs.  I like it completely "bang-free".