Dire Wolf DForce help

I am unable to get the dforce hair for Dire Wolf to work at all.  There are no simulation settings like similar products.  I assume all the Dire Wolf is dforce hair but the product page says there are three.  Is the Dire Wolf hair noticeably different than the dforce hair in any way? 

Comments

• It shouldn't affect the display of settings, but which tool is active (checked in the Tools menu)? Which version of Daz Studio?

• ravenzvideoravenzvideo Posts: 40
    edited October 2022

I am using the Translate tool and version 4.21.  Render me CONFUSED!  I've tried multiple times with the same results.  Maybe its the drivers?

Post edited by ravenzvideo on
  • NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,438

Are you selecting the "Dog8_guideHairs_SG..."?

• The tail hair moves slightly, but the rest of the dire wolf hair does not move.  I am using RTX 2070 516.93 studio drivers.  These drivers work best with Premiere Pro, so I use them.  I've tried selecting "Dog8_guideHairs_SG with the same results.

Hm-m. I'll say like you, only the tail hair moves about 0.5 cm. Even with a wind node there isn't a hair out of place on the body. Compared to the long-haired Chihuahua, whose hair blows flamboyantly with the wind, the Dire Wolf hair is like a wire brush.

I do see all the dynamic hair Simulation properties in the Surfaces tab for each of the hair parts. I haven't played much (read: at all) with tuning dForce-Strand-based hair, so I wouldn't know where to start.

• Thanks a ton for answering so well.  It really helped me a lot to have confirmation.

Yeah, but that doesn't correct anything. Also of note, loading the Dire Wolf actor doesn't actually dial in the Dire Wolf morph, at least on my installation. Big difference in size and shape. Doesn't help with the fur...