Missing Scale options

Hello,

I had a conforming wardrobe item (a headdress) that I was having an issue fitting over some hair so I was going to parent the item instead of auto-fitting. My intention was to manually play with the scale options to try an get a better fit but when I tried to do that, I discovered that there were no sliders for the x, y or z scales, just one master scale slider. I tried showing hidden parameters but that didn't work. Does anyone know how I can get the x, y, and z scale sliders to show up, or have they somehow been removed from this item?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

nabob21

Comments

• hansolocambohansolocambo Posts: 649
    edited October 2022

Only way to remove those sliders is to hide them. Showing Hidden Properties in the Parameters tab should allow you to display sliders hidden by the content creator, and change their parameters to unhidden, change their limits, etc. If the item is rigged when loading through its thumbnail, seeing those scale sliders won't help anyway. What you'd need to do (if the bundle doesn't provide a prop version of the headdress) is to delete all bones from the item so that it becomes a prop that can be freely moved around and/or parented.

For the sake of the example : create a primitive sphere. Go to the Parameters Tab. Rick click to activate Edit Mode. And now try to delete a scale slider : you can't. Those are mandatory sliders as far as I know. There's no reason for them to not be there on your headdress piece.

Please name the bundle. It'll be easier to test on my side.

Post edited by hansolocambo on
  • nabob21nabob21 Posts: 954

Hi hansolocambo. Thanks for the reply. I did try the Show Hidden Properties option and the sliders still didn't show up for me. The headdress is the one shown in the main promo image from this set https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-queen-of-egypt-outfit-for-genesis-8-females. There are actually two headresses in the set but the second, larger one works as expected.

dForce Queen of Egypt Outfit for Genesis 8 Females by: Barbara BrundonSadeRedCrow3DArtOdyssey, 3D Models by Daz 3D

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

Everything has X, Y, Z-sliders.

How do I find them?

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

Parameters Tab, under [Item]->General->Transforms->Scale, one may have to Right Click at Parameters Tab->Preferences->Choose "Show Hidden Properties"

This worked. I was right clicking on the Scale heading and selecting the "Unhide" option with no success. Thanks everyone for the help.

• The promo pic for this dForce Queen of Egypt Outfit is really stunning. I love it.

Cool anyway. Glad to read you managed to find out where were those "missing" sliders, as they can only be there no matter what ;)

Cheers.