Genesis 9 Skin.dfs missing

Hi,

I just downloaded and installed DAZ 4.21
Now calling the new Genesis 9, I get the message that the G9 Skin applying files are missing (for example: /data/Daz 3D/Built-in Content/Daz Iray PBRSkin/PBRSkin.dsf).
So I can't apply the skin settings.

So what's wrong?

Andy

Comments

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,309
    edited October 2022

That file is part of "Default Resources for Daz Studio" - do you have the latest version installed?

Post edited by MelanieL on
  • Is the current version of Default Resources installed?

• AndySAndyS Posts: 1,434

Hm,

MelanieL said:

...  - do you have the latest version installed?

Richard Haseltine said:

Is the current version of Default Resources installed?

as stated, it was the current 4.21 as an update form 4.16 by DIM. So shouldn't this be included within the update package? surprise
    There wasn't any hint. If you need additional packages, why isn't it stated on the product page (your shop)?
    For every little addons of your vendors, there are big advertisements. But for the base program - nothing!!

Finally on my product page I found - after some serching - the link to the DAZ program. There are a lot of downloads listed. Which of these are additionally necessary? Why that complicated?
    Why no description on the announcement within this forum? Only hidden within one of the posts?

This Andy asks himself ...

So,

I was brave and downloaded "IM00013176-42_DefaultResourcesforDAZStudio420.zip" into the DIM downloads folder.
    After starting DIM, there was nothing "to be installed" identified. sad

Now I tried the link for installing it via DIM. So DIM started but still nothing to download / nothing to install.
    What's wrong with this package?

• Is it listed in the installed tab of DIM?

edited October 2022

Hi Richard,

it isn't listed.
    As I posted above, I came from 4.16 - so there it wasn't part of the version and that months ago not available.
    Now copying it to the DIM download folder, it is there on the file list. But after start of DIM it disappears. Only my old 4.9 related file persists.

DIM got updated 2 days ago.

Post edited by AndyS on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

DAZ Studio in ones Product Library;

https://www.daz3d.com/downloader/customer/files#prod_13176

The Buttons on the left are meant for manual installation, the buttons on the right for DIM

DS_Download.JPG
    797 x 506 - 61K
  • AndyS said:

Hi Richard,

it isn't listed.
    As I posted above, I came from 4.16 - so there it wasn't part of the version and that months ago not available.
    Now copying it to the DIM download folder, it is there on the file list. But after start of DIM it disappears. Only my old 4.9 related file persists.

DIM got updated 2 days ago.

So the Daz Studio aplication is not appearing in any tab? You do need to be working offline to see the one in the Downloads folder, if it is not the same as the one on the servers.

Hi Richard,

classical misunderstanding: I was talking about these additional "default ressources" (see post of PerttiA above).
    Of cause DAZ 4.21 is listed. But these additional default ressources (update for 4.20) are removed by DIM from the download folder as soon as I open DIM.

• Sorry, I was losing track - but the same applies, they should appear in at least one tab. What do you mean removed - the actual zip is deleted? Or they do not appear in Ready to Install?

Hi Richard,

Richard Haseltine said:

... What do you mean removed - the actual zip is deleted? ...

yes - exactly this.

I manually downloaded the "IM00013176-42_DefaultResourcesforDAZStudio420.zip" into the DIM download folder.
    After starting DIM, this file was gone. No additional action from my side. Only start DIM. It works a long time on all the files in the download folder and doesn't show any new one. Only a long time: application not responding (some kind of endless-loop?).
    The only default recources file still there is "IM00013176-42_DefaultResourcesforDAZStudio49".

• Did you have two different versions of the product zip? If so then the .dsx file would have had details of the original zip, not the oen you just added, and so the addition would have been deleted as spurious (not a behaviour I was aware of). Make sure you remove the old zip and associated .dsx file before putting the new zip in, if working offline.

So Richard,

this is a very important information which should be published for the product update. !!!

And please do it on that level, that even a most naive (without any IT knowledge) user understands it clearly !!!

Or way better: Make a change on DIM to use the most current package.

I really don't understand, why there's that much going wrong on DAZ. crying

Do you know who "DAU" is?? (or is it SEU (silliest expectable user) in english?)

So I did the change manually and G9 works OK.

• I don't know what the abbreviations mean, no.