Move Render button away from Defaults button

I'm constantly resetting my carefully tweaked render settings for the current scene. My habit is to now not use that button and rely on the toolbar, but it would be nice if the interface could move the Default button (for example) to within the General sub-tab

Comments

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232

I've only done it a couple of times so far, and yes, it is incredibly annoying. What about the <ctrl>-R keyboard shortcut? That's what I always use.

• Yes, I agree. Having the Render button right next to a reset button is poor ergonomic interface design and should be corrected ASAP. angry

• ToborTobor Posts: 2,300

Added to this, I know we can save render presets in the Content Library, but I'm one who always prefers using the UI for making and selecting common settings. So instead of just Dimension presets, we should be able to store the full collection of render settings *right at the render panel*. That way we can instantly recall them without the extra clicks to navigate to where the saved render settings are in the Content Library. Working in D|S can put serious mileage on your mouse pad.

• ToborTobor Posts: 2,300

What about the <ctrl>-R keyboard shortcut? That's what I always use.

I've remapped most of the canned shortcuts. My reasoning is that I render only sometimes, but reset poses, lock and unlock objects (etc.) all the time. So I've reclaimed many of the easily-selectable shortcuts I might use repeatedly during scene building. I guess I could map Render to an arcane combination, but what I've done now is added a Render (and Spot Render) button to all the toolbars.

• I'm so in the habit of using cmd/ctrl-r that I do it even when adjusting the Render Settings pane. If you want to make a feature request for greater/clearer separation do it with a Technical Support ticket http://www.daz3d.com/help/help-contact-us

Tobor said:

Added to this, I know we can save render presets in the Content Library, but I'm one who always prefers using the UI for making and selecting common settings. So instead of just Dimension presets, we should be able to store the full collection of render settings *right at the render panel*. That way we can instantly recall them without the extra clicks to navigate to where the saved render settings are in the Content Library. Working in D|S can put serious mileage on your mouse pad.

The Presets tab of Render Settings  should give you access to presets in the CMS - which will include those you have saved - without going to the Content Library