Yes, I have a new computer... BUT

Yes, I have a new computer, specs in another post. Works well. BUT

Deforce:. Why do I get this error and then need to close the program as it wont simulate a second time.

"2022-10-22 15:52:48.534 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\src\dzopenclkernelfactory.cpp(32): Open CL notify: Unknown error executing clFlush on NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 (Device 0).

2022-10-22 15:52:48.534 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\src\dzdynamicsengine.cpp(3293): ERROR: clFinish (-36)
2022-10-22 15:52:48.561 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\src\dzopenclkernelfactory.cpp(32): Open CL notify: Unknown error executing clFlush on NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 (Device 0).

2022-10-22 15:53:24.389 [INFO] :: Total Simulation Time: 51.81 seconds"

every time I try to use dforce simulations?

Lighting: Why does the scene render black every time I try to add a light? There is nothing in the user guide about Iray lights, there is no option to create an Iray light. The more I add to a scene the darker it gets without lights. I need to be able to add lights. I need to be able to control where the light shines. I have even purchaed RSSY 3DL to Iray script that says it will convert tights, but it doesnt "see" the lights created but Studio.

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,387

There's a problem with the latest Nvidia drivers, you need to rollback to an earlier version (studio driver 517.40).

As for lights, when Iray is selected as render engine in the settings then the "add light" actions will add an Iray light.

• drucdruc Posts: 399

Leana said:

There's a problem with the latest Nvidia drivers, you need to rollback to an earlier version (studio driver 517.40).

As for lights, when Iray is selected as render engine in the settings then the "add light" actions will add an Iray light.

Thanks Leana. I have downloaded and installed the drivers you mentioned. I will try tomorrow as I have a render in progress. Even with this new box, three G8F, clothing, hair and scene etc. it takes about an hour to render at 4K render settings. 

If you mean "settings" to be Render settings, they are set to Iray.

My usual process is set up the scene, Determine the camera angle and create a camera using active view settings. Then using the perspective camera again determine where the light comes from and create a light again using active view,  This works in 3DL, but not in Iray, Maybe the change to the NVIDIA driver may effect this as well.

In the currect render I am using a light that came with the Bonnie bundle.

• drucdruc Posts: 399

Leana, sorry I haven't replied earlier. The driver you mentioned fixed the Dforce simulation error. The lighting may be a user error. For now I am using Film Noir lights that came with the Bonnie 8.1 bundle to good lighting effect.