importing higher subd meshes as morphs for G9 (and older) figures

j11011j11011 Posts: 32

Hello everyone,

If I export G9 base resolution mesh to Blender, do some sculpting, I can then reimport back into Daz as a morph no problem, everything works fine, works with unmorped base figure, or male/female morphs the same.

But I want to work in more detail on the figure, exporting higher subd to Blender is not a problem, it does export from Daz and import into Blender ok, but trying to get back into Daz I get the "Geometry did not match".

I tried googling a solution for this, but couldn't find a solution, though I did see a few hints that Daz by design doesn't permit this, just wanted to confirm if this is the case? The rumour was that some special in house tool is being used to do this sort of thing?

Post edited by j11011 on

Comments

• This is not avaialble, ecept for PAs when making content for the Daz store. You will need to bake the higher detail to displacement or normal maps and then apply those to the figure in DS

• j11011 said:

Hello everyone,

If I export G9 base resolution mesh to Blender, do some sculpting, I can then reimport back into Daz as a morph no problem, everything works fine, works with unmorped base figure, or male/female morphs the same.

But I want to work in more detail on the figure, exporting higher subd to Blender is not a problem, it does export from Daz and import into Blender ok, but trying to get back into Daz I get the "Geometry did not match".

I tried googling a solution for this, but couldn't find a solution, though I did see a few hints that Daz by design doesn't permit this, just wanted to confirm if this is the case? The rumour was that some special in house tool is being used to do this sort of thing?

Hi, did you find any solutions?