Geometry tool broke shell?

I recently discover a way to hide one shoes from a dual shoes props that cant be speparated, so i've come to the idea of hiding one shoes by selecting it with the geometry tool and hide it like this, however, everytime i select the geometry too some artifact appears on geoshell parts i have added previously, the shell become white and even if i delete and reapply that material with it's shell, it still become white.

I dont know if this is really clear, and also im working on some NSFW stuff so i cant really show but you get the idea of the problem.

If anyone know about this issue please let me know! Thanks :)

Comments

• Can't you just turn off visibility for the unwanted foot bones of the shoe? The eye icon next to each none in the Scene pane or use the Visible button in the Parameters pane to hide all selected.

I'm not following your issue, but any change you make with the Geometry Editor will apply to every object in the scene based on the same base.

• hansolocambohansolocambo Posts: 649
    edited October 2022

geoshell parts i have added previously

It's not because you hide portions of a mesh that it'll affect its already created geoshell. Add the geoshell after editing the geometry

You can separate items such as shoes, that go in pairs :

- Load shoes. Select the right shoe. Delete its geometry.

- Load shoes again. Select the left shoe. Delete its geometry.

You now have two shoes that you can hide separately with a single click, from the Scene Tab.

Post edited by hansolocambo on