Where’s Genesis 9?

LD1LD1 Posts: 135

Hi. I just installed DAZ 4.21 an eagerly looked for the new Genesis 9 basic character. Problem is, I can’t find it anywhere. I searched the Smart Content tab (in both the male and female folders), the Products folder and the DAZ content/ People folder - nothing.

Does the Genesis 9 character come with the new DAZ 4.21? And if so, where do I find it?

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,387

You need to install Genesis 9 Starter essentials. As with previous Genesis base figures, it's a separate install from DS.

• LD1LD1 Posts: 135

Leana - Thanks for your help. You’re right I missed installing the starter essentials. I found G9 in the Content Library tab> DAZ Content> People folder which is great. 

But I still can’t find it in the Smart Content tab> Figures> People> Female (or Male)> Real world folder. All of the other Genesis versions are there (their thumbnails are sitting side-by-side), but not the G9 character. Is it named something else (I have hundreds of charcters so I guess i could have missed it)? What am I missing?

I forgot to incllud a screenshot in my last post 

No G9.jpg
    398 x 407 - 58K
  • Moved to Technical Help as it is not a Daz Studio topic.

It shows for me - how did you install? Do you have the content type flags (e.g. Actor) on the thunbnails in the Content Library?

Richard,

Thanks for replying....I install everything using the DAZ Install manager. Also, I don't do anything to the content when I purchase and then have it installed. So whatever flags they come with, remain. BTW: I don't know how to check if they have "the content type flags (e.g. Actor) on the thunbnails in the Content Library".

• Like this, for the base - the bar at top-right

Content type tag.jpg
    195 x 242 - 7K
  • namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,113

LD1 said:

Leana - Thanks for your help. You’re right I missed installing the starter essentials. I found G9 in the Content Library tab> DAZ Content> People folder which is great. 

But I still can’t find it in the Smart Content tab> Figures> People> Female (or Male)> Real world folder. All of the other Genesis versions are there (their thumbnails are sitting side-by-side), but not the G9 character. Is it named something else (I have hundreds of charcters so I guess i could have missed it)? What am I missing?

Genesis 9 is neither femal nor male, and is found under Figures > People; I have no idea why they did this rather than put G9 in both as they did G1.

namffauk;  You are right. It is listed in the content tab under People. 

I don’t like this location so now I have to see if I can find a way to place it in the male and female folders too. But anyway, at least I know where to find it now. Thank you very much for helping.

Update: I just went to the Genesis 9’s Content DB Editor and was able to add the proper male and female locations in the Smart Content tab. Yah! Problem solved! Thanks everyone.