How to export Genesis8 in fbx format with more polygons

In Daz Stuio, a Genesis 8 have about 65118 vertices,but when i export it with fbx format,it only have 16384 vertices, in obj format have 65118 vertices,but it doesn't contain the bone framework.So, Is there any way to export Genesis 8 in fbx format with more polygons?

Comments

• The extra geometry is created by SubD - if you look at the Scene Info pane to get the details you will see that there are two values separated by a slash, one is the base and the other is after SubD is applied. You need to aply SubD (possibly called a Smoothing Modifier) in your destination application, assuming it supports it.

• hansolocambohansolocambo Posts: 649
    edited October 2022

I don't think so. Aim is to export with a rig. Subdivision is a post-rigging process. It wouldn't make sense. Export the base resolution + rig, that's how vertices have been weighted, and subdivide in another app. All 3D apps do that.

Vertices weighting is done on the base, lowest polycount version. Even animation movie studios work on as low poly models as possible for animation.

Subdivision comes at the very, very end of the creation of an animated character, so much at the end that it's often activated only when it's time to render.

Post edited by hansolocambo on
  • Richard Haseltine said:

The extra geometry is created by SubD - if you look at the Scene Info pane to get the details you will see that there are two values separated by a slash, one is the base and the other is after SubD is applied. You need to aply SubD (possibly called a Smoothing Modifier) in your destination application, assuming it supports it.

Thanks for your reply, I'll try this solution in the next.wink