Ron's Ripped Fabric

Purchased Ron's Ripped Fabric and the program comes up has install error on the screen. is there a base program that needs to be purchased. I tried to link it to my adobe photoshop. It will not connect. 

Comments

• hansolocambohansolocambo Posts: 649
    edited October 2022

[...] install error on the screen [...] It will not connect. 

Not sure of what that means (Θ_Θ;). Ron's Ripped Fabric is just an abr file. A collection of custom brushes. DIM or Daz have nothing to do with that.

In Photshop go to your Brushes Panel (WIndow > Brushes)

In this panel you see a list of brushes folders (General Brushes, etc.).

Rright-click > Import Brushes > load the "Rons Ripped Fabric.abr" from where it is in your hard drive.

And there you go. You now have a new Brushes Folder called Rons Ripped Fabric. That you can use to paint ripped details in the opacity map of your clothes (Black will be what's transparent, white what's visible).

Post edited by hansolocambo on
  • 3Ddreamer3Ddreamer Posts: 1,300
    edited October 2022

(Sorry Cloudflare while trying to post this.)

Would be handy if you included the error you get.

You don't have to install Ron's brushes through DIM, you can just download them there and install manually in the correct PS folders. But if you want to use DIM you have to set up the path to Phototshop in it. This isn't my main computer but it does show the path setting I use in DIM.

I just checked - Ripped Fabric is set up for CC, CS6 and 7 so you will get an error if your Photoshop is older than CS6. You can still manually install it and you can convert some brushes back to earlier versions on PS using ABRmate (which is what I think I used, until I finally succumb to the dreaded Subscription :-()

Untitled-1.png
    616 x 639 - 39K
    Post edited by 3Ddreamer on
  • It seems I needed to add my photoshop program to applications on Daz installer. Once I did that. The program downloaded. I plan to check if the brushes have imported later. I am on my lunch break heading back to work. Thank you for your help.