Smart Content Name Wrong

Today, on just one of my PCs, when I run DAZ studio, Victoria 9 HD is showing up with Victoria 9 HD presale name and no icon.  None of my other machines are doing this.

I've tried all sorts of stuff like deleting the dson cache, uninstalling, re-installing, re-installing through DIM, etc.   While it is no big deal, the contents of the folder still work, it would be nice to not get the broken thumbnail frame with the /!\ and the wrong name.   The wrong name makes it difficult to quickly find the folder for Victoria 9 HD.

So, how do I completely wipe it out on the offending PC and get Victoria 9 HD showing up correct?

(I have NO idea why it is showing presale because I bought my Victoria 9 HD after it became available AND the other 2 PCs show it simply as Victoria 9 HD with the icon image.)

Comments

• Db3dDb3d Posts: 248

Problem fixed.   I went and found EVERY file, folder and file content that referenced that Victoria 9 HD, deleted them, and ran DIM.   It picked up that Victoria 9 HD was missing.  I reinstalled.  And now all looks good.

I did find in the .json file for that product it said "pre-release", but, that was one of the files I deleted.  

What I suspect...

I suspect I manually installed a folder from a freebie morph for V9 that I should have inspected the file structure, and as a result, it wrote over those files with the data from the creator's install.  (That's a pet peeve with me, that 3rd party content providers have no clue on how to package their files.   Many times, I'm too trusting and if it the folder has the right name, I just copy it.)

Lesson learned:   Be more careful when you get something from a 3rd party source.  As a student who studied Djiksra's Software Quality Assurance methods and then implemented those in the real world post graduation, I get real frustrated with vendors ... even with providing free content... don't follow basic common sense.

If I feel up to it tomorrow, I just might go searching for that zip file if I kept it around.  I'd sure like to confirm my suspicion, let the maker know, and warn others.   Again, this right now is just a suspicion.