Genesis 9 Starter Essentials

daortega82daortega82 Posts: 12

good morning. I just installed the essential package of genesis 9 and none of the body shapes appear in the parameters, neither muscular nor thin. None appears when the description of the package indicates that they are all included. I need a solution

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,910

Fixed formatting

• how do i format?

• brainmuffinbrainmuffin Posts: 1,184

I installed the same plus V9 and can't find any of it in Studio.

WHat version of DS are you using?

• frank0314 said:

WHat version of DS are you using?

Daz Studio 4.21 Pro

edited October 2022

Very stupid question but, do you have G9 loaded in the scene and selected?

Post edited by frank0314 on
  • frank0314 said:

Very stupid question but, do you have G9 loaded in the scene and selected?

if it is loaded and none of the morphs that, according to the description, are included in the package appear in the parameter tab or in the shaping tab. I even saw genesis 9 tutorials and they all appear

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

daortega82 said:

good morning. I just installed the essential package of genesis 9 and none of the body shapes appear in the parameters, neither muscular nor thin. None appears when the description of the package indicates that they are all included. I need a solution

Are you referring to the "Supported Shapes" list, where the last line says "Other Shapes supported in Daz Studio by Auto-follow". Ie. these are shapes supported by the clothing items, not morphs included for the character 

edited October 2022

How did you install the package? Can you browse to the location and see if the files are there? Sorry, I'm setting up a new machine and don[t have DS installed yet.

Post edited by frank0314 on
  • PerttiA said:

daortega82 said:

Are you referring to the "Supported Shapes" list, where the last line says "Other Shapes supported in Daz Studio by Auto-follow". Ie. these are shapes supported by the clothing items, not morphs included for the character 

Supported Shapes:

• Emaciated
    • Fitness Details
    • Fitness Mass
    • Heavy
    • Lithe
    • Muscular Details
    • Muscular Mass
    • Older
    • Pear Figure
    • Portly
    • Stocky
    • Thin
    • Tone
    • Voluptuous
    • Mass Body
    • Proportion Height
    • Proportion Larger
    • Proportion Smaller
  • frank0314 said:

How did you install the package? Can you browse to the location and see if the files are there? Sorry, I'm setting up a new machine and don[t have DS installed yet.

manually and through Daz central

• ElliandraElliandra Posts: 519

Good Morning!
    The shapes listed under the clothing items have not been released yet but should be coming soon! They will be listed under the usual locations in under the Actor section in the Parameters Tab once you have purchased and installed them!

Hope this helps!
    Elli

Elliandra said:

Good Morning!
    The shapes listed under the clothing items have not been released yet but should be coming soon! They will be listed under the usual locations in under the Actor section in the Parameters Tab once you have purchased and installed them!

Hope this helps!
    Elli

Ie. Genesis 9 Body Morphs that can be bought separately. 

• EeyoreEeyore Posts: 30

Funny, but I noticed this morning that I do not find any of these character morphs available, yet in DIM it shows that Genesis 9 Starter Essentials has been installed.  Am I missing something or did something not download and install properly?

• Eeyore said:

Funny, but I noticed this morning that I do not find any of these character morphs available, yet in DIM it shows that Genesis 9 Starter Essentials has been installed.  Am I missing something or did something not download and install properly?

What you're missing is that the product listing doesn't mean what you think it means. The list of morphs doesn't mean that those morphs for the figure are included, it means that those morphs for the clothing are included, so they'll work with those shapes when they're released for the figure.

murgatroyd314 said:

Eeyore said:

What you're missing is that the product listing doesn't mean what you think it means. The list of morphs doesn't mean that those morphs for the figure are included, it means that those morphs for the clothing are included, so they'll work with those shapes when they're released for the figure.

This is what I was actually refering to, though after a second look I see that they appear to now not include this feature with the base figures, but it appears to now be a limited access feature... No longer for the average user, but content creators.

"Genesis 9 Body Shapes Merchant Resource

Use the full-body shapes to adjust the shape and proportions of your figure with a single click, or use the body-specific shapes to adjust breast size or the length or thickness of the hands and feet. Dozens of shapes allow a nearly endless variety of customization that will allow you to make your character exquisitely unique.

This product requires that the Genesis 9 Starter Essentials (Included free with Daz Studio) be installed.

This product is specifically for our Published Artists."

Also see: Genesis 9 Body Shapes Merchant Resource | Daz 3D

And this not being accessible these morphs like before totally sucks!  These are the features which I buy new character/generations for.  Now we must wait for content creators to develop morphs instead of creating some uniqueness to our own characters by ourselves.  This means using this new character base for me is mostly off the table until fork over increasingly limited funds to buy content at a later date.

Eeyore said:

And this not being accessible these morphs like before totally sucks!  These are the features which I buy new character/generations for.  Now we must wait for content creators to develop morphs instead of creating some uniqueness to our own characters by ourselves.  This means using this new character base for me is mostly off the table until fork over increasingly limited funds to buy content at a later date.

We have been told, there will be morph packs for G9 just as there has been for previous generations, but they haven't been released yet. The merchant resource body shapes is not meant for us mortals. 

• Moved to Technical Help as it is not a Daz Studio topic.

edited October 2022

PerttiA said:

Eeyore said:

We have been told, there will be morph packs for G9 just as there has been for previous generations, but they haven't been released yet. The merchant resource body shapes is not meant for us mortals. 

Thanks for clearing this up.  It's funny that you can find them, at some astronomical price, but have to wait for them to be released.  I thought these were all readily available on day one of the launch because I vaguely recall having them from the start.

What does still suck though is that some of us have spent literally thousands upon thousands of dollars on content and we're still not privileged to get some of these on day one, even if we didn't buy the top bundle or create anything other than a few images to post online.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on