Genesis 9 not loading morphs

Hi

My issue is this

I got genesis 9 and started the process of converting custom morphs from G8/8.1 to G9.  Now all went smoothly, I was able to tranfer the morphs and save them as morph assets.  My issue now is that Daz isn't reading the saved morphs for G9.  I verified that the moprhs were saved and are in the proper folder.  

I remember a similar problem with G8 but haven't been able to locate how that was solved.  Think it had to do with manually creating a fold or something like that.

Am I missing something or is Daz the problem?

Comments

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

What is the "Proper Folder"?

• edited October 2022

The morphs are stored on seperate drive from the daz install.

D:\Genesis 9\data\Daz 3D\Genesis 9\Base\Morphs\Matari81\Product

This is where it defaulted to.

Post edited by Matari81_2bd6e529bd on
  • Seven193Seven193 Posts: 1,068

Matari81_2bd6e529bd said:

Hi

My issue is this

I got genesis 9 and started the process of converting custom morphs from G8/8.1 to G9.  Now all went smoothly, I was able to tranfer the morphs and save them as morph assets. 

What are you doing to transfer morphs?  G8 and G9 are different geometries.

• I am aware of the geometries being different.  As I said the process of converting them worked, the morphs aren't being read by daz to use with G9.  

The converting process isn't the issue can be assured of that.

The morphs are stored on seperate drive from the daz install.

D:\Genesis 9\data\Daz 3D\Genesis 9\Base\Morphs\Matari81\Product

This is where it defaulted to.

Have you told DAZ Studio that "D:\Genesis 9" is a content directory?

• All G9 related content is added and working in Daz.  Just not the transfered morphs.

edited October 2022

You didn't answer the question.

Which folders do you have specified as Content Directories in Content Directory Manager?

PathToContDirMan.jpg
    564 x 532 - 51K
    ContDirMan.jpg
    384 x 240 - 11K
    Post edited by PerttiA on

I am aware of the geometries being different.  As I said the process of converting them worked, the morphs aren't being read by daz to use with G9.  

The converting process isn't the issue can be assured of that.

Ok, but what are you doing to transfer them, regardless if it works or not?  Is this a process within Daz Studio, or are you using some other tool like R3DS, Head wrap?

• edited October 2022

I am using .obj files with G8 matching scale and pose of G9.  Then tranfering to G9 .obj then saving individual morphs dialed in as .obj and importing them with morph loader and saving them as support/morph assets.

The process works and saves no errors.  Daz just won't load/show them.  I do have hidden values shown as well.

This hasn't failed me yet.

@PerrtiA The content directories are present and it is a Daz selected content directory.  The essentials are installed via IM all base figures are installed here.  Everything else is set up in other drive which has been added and everything that should be there is.

I have tried moving the morph folder to the same as the Install Manager.  Daz hangs as if its reading the files and loading them when I add a G9 to the scene.  Its either rejecting them or something is blocking them from being seen in Daz.

No I did not duplicate the folder which would cause daz to hang caused by duplicate morphs present.

Post edited by Matari81_2bd6e529bd on
  • I have double checked that the converting process is working via G8 and the morph show up no issue.

I also tested converting the anatomy morphs from the G8 figure to the G9 female anatomy.  

On the .obj of the G9 anatomy all the morphs are working not completely but close enough.  I then transfered them to the actual G9 anatomy and saved the morphs as before.

Same result no morphs showing up in daz but the morphs are in the daz directory.

edited October 2022

This may seem obvious, but did you quit and restart Daz Studio?  Whenever I manually add or change files in the data directory, DS doesn't recognize them until the program is restarted.

Post edited by Seven193 on
  • Seven193 said:

This may seem obvious, but did you quit and restart Daz Studio?  Whenever I manually add or change files in the data directory, DS doesn't recognize them until the program is restarted.

Yes I did

• i would recommend just trying any other morph, other than that possibly much more complicated system you are using there.  perhaps make just a long nose morph, export it, bring it back in.  if that doesn't work, that's where the problem is.

• i just did that:  used gen9 development figure in base resolution, used a magnet to lenghten the nose, saved the morph to the figure, deleted the magnet, exported the figure as obj, loaded it with morph loader, and the morph loaded fine.  i had that happen recently working with other morphs, and i was getting no error and no effect.  there were several things going on, but finally it turned out i had incidentally forgotten to set the mesh to base when i exported it to blender.  it should have mentioned that there was a mismatch, but it did not in that case.  the way i figured it out was by looking at the files themselves, and the sizes were off.  ah!  also, there was an issue with a few added lines inside the files at another point in my journey, which i found by opening them in notepad+ and checking the line length. it turns out i had exported from blender with a hidden cube tucked away in there. 

anyway, i would check the file sizes, and the number of lines in each file.  if they match, your morph should at least register.