Genesis 9 poke through

It is unclear to me where to put this observation, which forum section or if it should go directly into a support ticket as a bug. Please inform me if there is a better place for it, this was my best deduction.

So, Genesis 9 does have nipples, plain and large, both via HD wizardy I don't understand for the life of me, doesn't look like much till you render, then whammo! they are there. I made several tests to explore how they work (you can have both masculine and feminine at the same time btw, if you're feeling adventurous), and I found that clothing intelligently adapts to their presence surprisingly well. I think that out-of-the-box they already resolve most of the concerns regarding this anatomical element I'd read about before the release of G9. However, in testing I discovered that the masculine nipples on Genesis 9 poke through clothing (or at least the basic shirt that comes with G9).
Here are some comparison renders to help show how they work, with a pattern added to the shirt to highlight the subtle changes. In order they are: noNip, femNip, femNipXL, masNip, masNipXL (all on the base neutral shape)
I should calrify because they are hard to see, I think, that the poke through is on image right side (left pec) for regular size, and image left (right pec) for large size.

G9 - nonip.png
720 x 720 - 967K
G9 - femnip.png
720 x 720 - 967K
G9 - femnipxl.png
720 x 720 - 967K
G9 - masnip.png
720 x 720 - 969K
G9 - masnipxl.png
720 x 720 - 968K
Post edited by SupernalPhantasia on

Comments

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013
    edited October 2022

The pokies are HD morphs and if one wants to see them in preview, one must set the preview SubD higher (SubD 3). This is also related to pokethrough, try setting the SubD for the preview and render the same for the character as well as the shirt.

The concerns were not about not having them, but about one not being able to make morphs to them and/or that area of the chest due to severly lacking geometry

Post edited by PerttiA on
  • SupernalPhantasiaSupernalPhantasia Posts: 48
    edited October 2022

Neat, changing the viewport subdivisions does indeed show the geometry of them better, I can see how they are shaped now. So that does mean there is plenty of geometry there to make any needed morphs, though I haven't checked yet to see if HD/max resolution or full morph creation is accessible to everyone like it used to be or is gated to only PAs as it was on the last generation or so of Genesis - a stupid move for discussion elsewhere. 

However, changing the subdivision level of rendering does not fix the poke through, whether both items are 'matching' in subdivisions or not and regardless of where they are set on the scale of 1-5.

Post edited by SupernalPhantasia on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

SupernalPhantasia said:

Neat, changing the viewport subdivisions does indead show the geometry of them better, I can see how they are shaped now. So that does mean there is plenty of geometry there to make any needed morphs, though I haven't checked yet to see if HD/max resolution or full morph creation is accessible to everyone like it used to be or is gated to only PAs as it was on the last generation or so of Genesis - a stupid move for discussion elsewhere. 

However, changing the subdivision level of rendering does not fix the poke through, whether both items are 'matching' in subdivisions or not and regardless of where they are set on the scale of 1-5.

Nothing has changed in that respect, if one is not a DAZ PA, one can only make morphs to the base geometry which is very low resolution in the chest area.

• swash1967swash1967 Posts: 8
    edited October 2022

I resolved my issue. So please disregard this message. Thank you. Not sure how to delete this! indecision

Post edited by swash1967 on