CyberPNK ver 1.0 causing discolouration and low res

I'm trying to use the CyberPNK ver 1.0 - Modular LIE Upgrades for Genesis 3 and 8, but every time I try to load a surface it just ends up changing the colour of the surface and making it so I can see all the low-res faces. 

https://www.daz3d.com/CyberPNK-ver-1.0-Modular-LIE-Upgrades-for-Genesis-3-and-8

I've used the surface prep materials, I've adjusted the resolution and the displacement in the surface settings but nothing is helping. I've also made sure it's a G8F character rather than an 8.1. 

What am I missing here? 

z20.png
1920 x 1280 - 1M

Comments

• Are you applying the Figureprop file first?

• OVDOVD Posts: 253

Richard Haseltine said:

Are you applying the Figureprop file first?

"Figureprop file"? 

I've loaded the G8F and then followed the instructions within the content directory. Used the "prep" materials to prepare the figure, then tried to load the Layered files. 

I've used this before on previous G8F characters and never had this problem previously. 

• Prep was what I meant, sorry.

• FenixPhoenixFenixPhoenix Posts: 3,070

It might be that the figure you're using it on doesn't have a map and, once it adds the LIE, it creates a partial map for that surface. I don't have the product, so I can check. But simply compare the surface maps of let's say the arms vs the face to see if there are more maps in the face. Check the normal maps, for example. Basically having a map with transparency in one of the channels will cause those types of texture mismatches. The tricky thing with LIE is that you'll always run into some figures that have maps placed in different channels, which makes LIE Presets not work as intended unless you manually fix things.

• hansolocambohansolocambo Posts: 649
    edited October 2022

Hundreds of totally unintuitive thumbnails, it's quiet a mess in there, wow.... I checked that quickly as my wife has it and all I can say after a few clicks is that it kinda works. And nope, it doesn't change the skin texture's color. I selected G8, clicked on every thumbnail in "Step 01" although some of them didn't do anything (you can see if a thumbnail does something by working in Iray Preview). Then I loaded a preset from ...\Step 02 Mods\2.1 Full Presets and ... well it did work.

I also tried a few other thumbnails and couldn't quiet figure out some of them. Iris for example, I tried selecting G8, selecting the eye, selecting the iris... nothing happens.

It'd take me an hour to reorganize those thumbnails, delete everything that's unnecessary, fix what's maybe not working and create better thumbnails. My brain enjoys tidyness and... 48 folders + 464 .duf files for G8F only is just insane. The guy is persistent you have to give him that, but he has a rather embryonic conception of optimization if I may say.

I've adjusted the resolution and the displacement in the surface settings

Surface displacement is a texture that pushes/pulls polygons along their normals, it acts on the wireframe, not at all on colors.

Post edited by hansolocambo on