dForce Hair for Genesis 8 not working in dforce. (Solved)

hejjj12hejjj12 Posts: 49

Does anyone have dForce Roxi Hair for Genesis 8 Female(s). I can't get it to work with dforce. The hair just vanishes. All that is left is the scalp. Does anyone have any tips? https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-roxi-hair-for-genesis-8-females

Post edited by hejjj12 on

Comments

• many deforce hair products aren't visible in iray preview but does show up in final render, did it not show up in your render also or just iray preview? or you tried both?

• hejjj12hejjj12 Posts: 49

many deforce hair products aren't visible in iray preview but does show up in final render, did it not show up in your render also or just iray preview? or you tried both?

Ah, yeah I did a final Iray render, and after I use dforce all that is left is the scalp of the hair. Or at least it just looks like the scalp.
  • Last thing I can think of is, select item node -> select parameters -> after extend the item properties, select "display" making sure this item is visiable in viewport, iray preview and render, like the screenshot here

Some genius PA sometimes put "visible in render" as "off" by default

render.png
    464 x 425 - 53K
  • LeanaLeana Posts: 11,387

Also check which tool you have selected: dForce hair won't appear if you have tools like geometry editor, mesh grabber or joint editor selected (basically tools which could modify what is used as the base to compute the hair).

Thanks for the tips so far nothing seems to have worked. Here are a few examples. Other dforce hairs have worked earlier so it's wierd and I even rest the dforce settings to defult, but then even the scalp part disapeared :P 

Will try to load a new scene and the defulat hair tommorow and see if it has broken on the specific scean and then try it with another hair too. 

On the image you can see a render before and after dforce. The hair just vanishes. Also I noticed that the hair disapears during the black and white dforce render. Fist the hair is on the head, and stays there for a while, the suddenly on the next frame it's just gone. 

Example before.png
    503 x 658 - 554K
    Example before and after.png
    503 x 658 - 419K
    Screenshot_2.png
    454 x 58 - 14K
    Screenshot_4.png
    698 x 393 - 60K
    Screenshot_3.png
    759 x 808 - 147K
    Screenshot_1.png
    364 x 184 - 10K
  • hansolocambohansolocambo Posts: 649
    edited October 2022

I loaded the hair. Clicked Simulate. And it simulated perfectly fine.

Some ideas ?

1- hand, sofa, etc. A lot of things are already tangled with your hair. And you simulate from that Current Frame. If you hair explodes around and disappear this could be due to that. Physics aren't very kind with collisions happening before the simulation even begin. Try to go back a bit in the timeline to a precedent frame where nothing collides with hair yet. Instead of "Frames to Simulate" : Current Frame, use Animated (Custom). And precise the simualtion frame. In a nutshell alway simulate from a frame where nothing collides or goes through a dForce object.

2- The scalp has no reason to be part of the simulation. Select the Scalp (Roxi Hair in the scene tab), go to surfaces and remove "Visible in Simulation".

3- Self Collide, like for 99% of hairs sold... is set by default to : On. Which is just... so bad. Most hair strands in any hair bundle already go through one another in their default shape. So, rule of thumb : always set Self Collide to Off for any hair simulation. It'll stabilize and accelerate the simulation a LOT !

4- In order to get a more accurate simulation, try raising Simulation Settings > Frames Per Second (FPS) Multiplier from 2 to 5 or more. It will be more accurate, slightly slower. 10 gives usually great results on complex simulations without affecting too much the simulation time.

5- You could also raise the amount of times collision is calculated per frame by changing the default Simulation Settings > Subframes value (8) to a higher number (up to 16). This'll also improve collisions issues.

6- Did you install the latest Nvidia Drivers (522.25) that are causing a dForce issue to everyone ? If so, roll back to Game Ready (517.48).

Fingers Crossed. I'm sure you'll find where the problem comes from.

Post edited by hansolocambo on

Thanks for all the tips, the Self Collide off really speed things up. 
    The other settings were helpful too. 

I do have the old nvidia drivers, adn the dforce simulations starts from a T pose, were she then spins 90 degress and turn down on her back. (I also remove all unessasery itmes and clothing when I render in Dforce.)
    Though I tried reloading the hair and another dforce hair, the result seems to be the same. Maybe dforce hair just arent that good with a charatchers laying sideways, maybe I was just expecting to much. 

• PlatnumkPlatnumk Posts: 664

Quick question: Are you trying to view the hair in iRay Preview or are you ding a full render?

• hansolocambohansolocambo Posts: 649
    edited October 2022

Maybe dforce hair just arent that good with a charatchers laying sideways

I did excellent renders of hairs lying on a surface (nsfw renders so I can't link that here). dForce manages to simulate (many!) more polygons than Marvelous Designer and can definitely do that.

No need to start from T-Pose. Make a 5-10 seconds animation of your body in its final pose but just slightly above the sofa surface at frame 0, sliding down (head to feet direction to drag hairs away from the skull) to its final pose at frame 10. I've more than once used that process and it definitely would work for what you're trying to do here.

Post edited by hansolocambo on

hansolocambo said:

Maybe dforce hair just arent that good with a charatchers laying sideways

I did excellent renders of hairs lying on a surface (nsfw renders so I can't link that here). dForce manages to simulate (many!) more polygons than Marvelous Designer and can definitely do that.

No need to start from T-Pose. Make a 5-10 seconds animation of your body in its final pose but just slightly above the sofa surface at frame 0, sliding down (head to feet direction to drag hairs away from the skull) to its final pose at frame 10. I've more than once used that process and it definitely would work for what you're trying to do here.

Thanks for the tip and that must mean that something is still broken with my dforce. 

Platnumk said:

Quick question: Are you trying to view the hair in iRay Preview or are you ding a full render?

I render the images in Iray when I see if it works or not. 

Did a freash unistall and reinstalled 517 drivers again (that I already had.).  

I have noticed that most dforce hair breaks or vannishes completly or parts of when I simulate a character upside down. Will do a little video or image section to give a better view of my settings and issue. 

edited October 2022

Tried a new render on a new scene and loaded a freash character. This time the hair didn't break, but still didn't happen a lot with the hair during dforce. IT moved rather simular both when she was straight, sideways and upside down. Is this how it is supposed to be? 

01 - 05 is how it went when she stood up straight. The settings I used can be seen on the image. 
    06 - 10 is a side ways dforce simulation with the same settings. 
    11 - 12 is upside down.
    12 - 14 is the same upside down simulation with another hair. 
    Last image is my drivers. 

I also tried it with and without self collide.. 

Anyone got a clue about what I'm failing at? 

01 Render 1 settings.png
    2385 x 1282 - 1M
    02 Render hair before.png
    500 x 313 - 94K
    03 Render dforce 1 start.png
    2203 x 1151 - 693K
    04 Render dforce 1 end.png
    1480 x 967 - 404K
    05 Render hair 1dforce straight up.png
    500 x 313 - 105K
    06 Rotated her.png
    1733 x 999 - 752K
    07 Render dforce 90 degre start.png
    2258 x 1001 - 545K
    08 Render dforce 90 degre end.png
    2376 x 1139 - 671K
    09 Render dforce 90 degre end better.png
    774 x 462 - 436K
    10 Render hair 1 error trace after dforce side up.png
    500 x 313 - 155K
    11 Upside down.png
    1603 x 898 - 326K
    12 Upside down end.png
    1566 x 989 - 376K
    13 Other hair.png
    1588 x 759 - 377K
    14 Other dforce hair.png
    500 x 313 - 74K
    Drivers.png
    433 x 192 - 25K
    Post edited by hejjj12 on

Found the issue. Just deleted the Genesis 8 eyelashes...
    Apperantly it bothered the simulation for some reason.

Eyelashes error.png
    431 x 39 - 9K