How to permanently remove content from data base so it won't show up in Smart Content

My data base has gotten very large and I have tried to remove all V4 and Genesis content since I no longer use those versions.  I do not use DAAZ Central, as the one time I tried, it duplicated all my content.  I load all content via Smart Content or manually if 3rd party.  I only use DIM for programs and not content..

So far I 've tried using the Content Library going though the Products Tab, that seems to remove files, but I still have removed products listed in the Available Tab in Smart Content, which makes installing new products a pain, as I currently have 233 products that I have uninstalled and deleted, but they are in Avaiable TAB.  I can't figure how to them remove completely.

I also looked at the My Daz Connect folder as a means to delete, but with over 3400 folders named only by a Number, it's a daunting task to try to figure out products by number.  Is there a list that cross refernces Product Number and Name?   If I click on More Information for a product in Smart Content, that does open the Documentation Center with the product number, but that is still very laborious.  Plus the search function in Documentation Center does support product number.

I would like to start on removing G2 also, but need a better process. 

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• If you go online in Daz Studio any deleted products will be restored. You could uncategorise their files (which, of course, you would have to do with them installed) as Smart Content does require categories.

• Thanks for the response. 

So if I delete the product folder on my hard drive in My Daz Connect Library, when I connect Daz Studio online, any product I have purchased will be dumped back in my Liobrary?  That's crazy, you are saying I have no control over the size of my database if I want to use Daz online services?  That's a "FEATURE" I DO NOT WANT!!

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,316
    edited October 2022

The metadata and database entries will be restored, it won't redownload installed files if you delete them (but nor will it know they are not still there - if you want to remove Connect-installed content you must do it within Daz Studio via the right-click menu on the product)

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • TynkereTynkere Posts: 834

I might have a similar question.  Is it possible for end-users to remove products from their DAZ product library?

Example:  at DAZ account, search "Shoes for Vicky 3."  Since I'll never use the product, weed it out of my library.  Is this possible, or I'd have to request customer support to delete?

That would be hundreds of products that clutter up content as gray tiles.    Would streamline things, but I'm sure customer support has more pressing matters.  Just curious.  : )

• Do you install through Daz Studio? If not work ofline, then you can use the right-click menu on the product container to delete the ones you don't want to see. You can also hide them in DIM, again right-click menu.

• TynkereTynkere Posts: 834

Thanks.  Have hundreds of products "hidden" in DIM.  Problem is gray clutter-- product tiles in DS.  For example, the letter "C" seems quite common.  About one-third of products are gray tiles because I don't use them; they're not installed.  Was just curious if end users can "weed" (delete products) from their own library via DAZ website.  I guess not.  

-----

PS:

Richard, you do seem to get around.  Had a question about a black halloween LIE decal appearing red.  Someone else had same question in 2018.  You answered the question at the Rendo forum.  When do you sleep!  

Long way of saying thanks for your time and dedication.  yes