Fixed! My content library tab disappeared after updating to 4.21 pro

comixfanacomixfana Posts: 264

My content library tab disappeared after updating to 4.21 pro...it is selected in panes, the tab is just missing in the left column.  I mean it's fine for the official Daz content, but for the non-Daz stuff (such as Renderosity-tica), well, it's there, but I'm not sure how to access it!

Post edited by comixfana on

Comments

• hansolocambohansolocambo Posts: 649
    edited October 2022

- Try to deactivate/activate Content Library in the Panes (Tabs), this might help your eye to spot the Tab as it has to be somewhere around if activated already. Maybe your Content Pane is undocked and you moved it at the bottom of a screen, barely visible.

- Try to restore a default workspace : Window > Workspace > Select Layout > City Limits (for example). This will reset the workspace setting Content Library Pane back on the left under Smart Content.

I work with 4 screens and I never lost a tab. Daz manages multiple screens really well (compared to Autodesk products !). So ... this pane has to be somewhere ;)

Post edited by hansolocambo on
  • I am not sure what you mean - is the pane visible, but not showing al the expected content directories, or is the pane itself lost?

• comixfanacomixfana Posts: 264

Richard Haseltine said:

I am not sure what you mean - is the pane visible, but not showing al the expected content directories, or is the pane itself lost?

The tab isn't showing in spite of the Content Library being selected (lit?) in Windows - panes. Further, I just realized that if I right-click on an item and select "show asset in mapped folder", it clocks for a few seconds and the mapped folder doesn't open...I can still find related materials (shaders, textures) in Smart Content, but any Poser, freebie, non-Daz assets (e.g. from Renderosity and the like) is now inaccessible, and I've made no changes to folder paths, the only change was the 4.21 update...

• comixfanacomixfana Posts: 264

hansolocambo said:

- Try to deactivate/activate Content Library in the Panes (Tabs), this might help your eye to spot the Tab as it has to be somewhere around if activated already. Maybe your Content Pane is undocked and you moved it at the bottom of a screen, barely visible.

- Try to restore a default workspace : Window > Workspace > Select Layout > City Limits (for example). This will reset the workspace setting Content Library Pane back on the left under Smart Content.

I work with 4 screens and I never lost a tab. Daz manages multiple screens really well (compared to Autodesk products !). So ... this pane has to be somewhere ;)

Try to restore a default workspace : Window > Workspace > Select Layout > City Limits (for example). This will reset the workspace setting Content Library Pane back on the left under Smart Content.

Ok, I gotta learn never to read instructions when I have a migraine...I took a second look at your post, tried again, and Bingo...thanks!

• It may have been dragged off screen, especially if you have (or soemtimes have) two displays. Window>Workspace>Off Screen Pane (Tab) Groups would have fixed that without having to do a full reset.

• ejapanejapan Posts: 7
    edited November 2022

Hello, i'm a new DAZ studio user and i just had the same problem after installing DAZ studio from DAZ Central.

I 100% need the tab called 'Content Manager' i never used DAZ studio but i gathered 3D content from the store since 2014 (yeah this is weird i know....) i spent my time with manually installing DAZ content in a custom library.... i really dislike the way to find content with the 'smart content' (this is maybe because i'm a very beginer, so don't blame me for that.) Back in the past 2010 i was a Poser Pro user and i really enjoyed the Poser Library (yes the one in flash...)  so.... i was a bit expecting to find something similar in DAZ problem is .... the content tab was completly missing from the very fresh install (DAZ studio 4.21 Pro).

I came here to find the fix and after 2 hours.... i found the fix (i guess) so hope it will helps other beginers....

Watching video tutorials on YouTube, seems like this tab was already enabled for everyone by default... So it is not really explained how to find it if the tab is missing.

First logic step for me was to go to the 'window/panes (tabs)' and check from here if something was not checked ?

=> but nothing from here either.... the tab DOES NOT exists from the list.

So here is the solution.

For some reason it seems the 'Content Tab manager tab' became or is a PLUGIN. If you check on the main 'help' and click on the sub menu : about install plugins you should see a plugin from the list called 'content library pane'

Please check if this one is ticked !! (mine was OFF) then the plugin icon should turn in orange color which mean DAZ studio has to restart ! Do it. Last but not least, just go back to window/panes (tabs) and voila... content library tab should be back again into the list. Click it to popup it inside DAZ Studio.

Hope it helps !

DAZ_content_manager_plugin.jpg
    1918 x 1035 - 392K
    Post edited by ejapan on