Smart Content and Daz Connect refresh issue

Hi,

I am experimenting with the smart content installation method, I would like to install my products properly with this tool.

I installed some products with the smart content and after that I reset the database with content database maintenance.

All my smart content products were greyed out but it didn't empty my data\cloud folders.

(It seems to me that the products installed by the smart content method are stored in the Daz connect folder (My DAZ 3D Library\data\cloud).)

So now my Daz connect folder doesn't appear anymore in my accessible libraries because there is nothing in it (which is not true as mentionned above). 

The refresh button does not unblock the situation.

In my smart content library, everything is greyed out, even the products that are still installed under files with strange numbers (My DAZ 3D Library\data\cloud).

If i re-install one of my product with the smart content (which is already installed in My DAZ 3D Library\data\cloud), my Daz connect folder appear again and only this newly installed product is accessible.

Every products under My DAZ 3D Library\data\cloud that have been installed with smart content method should appear in my Daz connect folder because they are still installed.

I guess I broke a link after using the reset database. 

Is there a way to make the files installed in My DAZ 3D Library\data\cloud reappear in my Daz connect folder and be displayed correctly in my smart content library without having to re-install all of them ?

Comments

• Why did you do a reset? Connect (installing through Daz Studio) relies on the database - if you reset the database you remove all reference to the content that was installed. Reinstalling should not need tore download - the system will see the files are already there, verify that theya re the correct version, and move on to the next.

• bagnozbagnoz Posts: 17

Ok, thank you Richard for these clarifications, it seems that the system has to reinstall the product anyway. 

Well, I like to tinker with things before I use them.