Does AnimateLite work with highly morphed G8 figures, at all?

I wanted to see my custom G8 figure do a walk cycle in AnimateLite. It didn't walk, but rather jerked back and forth in a "floating" pose - even in "smooth shader" mode.

Then I tried it with a G8 base figure and it worked.

My custom figure has tons of morphs applied. So I'm guessing all those morphs bog down AnimateLite so much that it just won't work right at all.

My question is: Will AnimateLite make my custom figure walk right if I do a full render of some kind, instead of just looking at it in preview mode?

Comments

• hansolocambohansolocambo Posts: 649
    edited October 2022

Technically, there is no reason why an animation system should work on G8 and not on G8 morphed. As long as the morphs you use do not change the human shape into a car or a donut, any biped animation will work on any G8 human morph, whether it be slightly or "highly morphed" doesn't matter.

Animation systems act on bones, bones act on vertices. You can influence the vertices position as much as you want with moprhs, at the end they will always follow bones, influenced by the Weight Mapping.

Morphs are something totally different from weight mapping. So I don't see why AnimateLite would work any differently on any G8 human shaped morph.

P.S : A lil' screenshot doesn't hurt.

Post edited by hansolocambo on