PostgreSQL issues

This discussion was created from comments split from: postgre update error message on a mac.

Comments

• I'm on Windows 10 64 bit. I don't have knowledge and expertise with software like you guys do. I'm just a jive artist who's used Daz for at least 12 years now and this is the first time that I've had issues with it. I get the Post GRE SQL CMS message and I've tried everything that posted online to try and fix the problem, with no success. It's been months since Daz has worked properly for me, and words don't express how frustrated and disgusted I feel with this program. I've spent soooooo much money with Daz and I feel like they should so better for their customer base. Tech support is no help either since the days were when you could call and talk to someone about your problem. What am I supposed to do at this point? I can't get the LOD function to work, and I need it since I don't use the high res models in my animations. The mesh is just tooo dense. Nor do I have access to the content in the smart window. I haven't seen anything in print where someone has said their problem was fixed. Is this a no win situation?? HELP!!!

• I have submitted a ticket to tech support. But then I did that months ago and got nowhere. Without someone who knows what to look for, I don't see how I'll be able to get back to normal. I'm done with the install and reinstall because that hasn't helped anything. I just want a program that works.

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,842

premierart_2340fada0f said:

I'm on Windows 10 64 bit. I don't have knowledge and expertise with software like you guys do. I'm just a jive artist who's used Daz for at least 12 years now and this is the first time that I've had issues with it. I get the Post GRE SQL CMS message and I've tried everything that posted online to try and fix the problem, with no success. It's been months since Daz has worked properly for me, and words don't express how frustrated and disgusted I feel with this program. I've spent soooooo much money with Daz and I feel like they should so better for their customer base. Tech support is no help either since the days were when you could call and talk to someone about your problem. What am I supposed to do at this point? I can't get the LOD function to work, and I need it since I don't use the high res models in my animations. The mesh is just tooo dense. Nor do I have access to the content in the smart window. I haven't seen anything in print where someone has said their problem was fixed. Is this a no win situation?? HELP!!!

There are a few things that might cause this on Windows:
    - An Anti Virus software that decides that Daz Studio is not allowed to talk to the postgres server
    - The same Anti Virus might instead decide that the postgres server is not allowed to listen to incomming traffic.

A few things you can try:

- In Daz Studio in the Content Library Pane little hamburger menu, try to Start CMS from there (check the Daz Studio logs)
    - You can look for the Postgres server logs (I'm not shure where they hide on Windows, but I guess inside %APPDATA%)

• Split to its own thread as the original was on Mac issues.

LoD is not supported by the .duf format, unfortunately - Daz Studio still supports it, but it isn't possible to have it persist between sessions. How low do you need to go? The base cage for the Genesis figues is under 20,000 polygons (set mesh resolution to Base in the Parameters pane).

• premierart_2340fada0f said:

I'm on Windows 10 64 bit. I don't have knowledge and expertise with software like you guys do. I'm just a jive artist who's used Daz for at least 12 years now and this is the first time that I've had issues with it. I get the Post GRE SQL CMS message and I've tried everything that posted online to try and fix the problem, with no success. It's been months since Daz has worked properly for me, and words don't express how frustrated and disgusted I feel with this program. I've spent soooooo much money with Daz and I feel like they should so better for their customer base. Tech support is no help either since the days were when you could call and talk to someone about your problem. What am I supposed to do at this point? I can't get the LOD function to work, and I need it since I don't use the high res models in my animations. The mesh is just tooo dense. Nor do I have access to the content in the smart window. I haven't seen anything in print where someone has said their problem was fixed. Is this a no win situation?? HELP!!!

Not everybody does reply back that their problem was fixed.

1. Download manually the PostgreSQL CMS and install it: https://www.daz3d.com/downloader/customer/files#prod_18869

2. In D/S, Content Manager Directory: verify that the pathway to the D/S content is correct. {I found DIM could change this and had to reassign it a few times}

3. Close/Open D/S and see if the problem is fixed.

• Catherine3678ab said:

premierart_2340fada0f said:

Not everybody does reply back that their problem was fixed.

1. Download manually the PostgreSQL CMS and install it: https://www.daz3d.com/downloader/customer/files#prod_18869

2. In D/S, Content Manager Directory: verify that the pathway to the D/S content is correct. {I found DIM could change this and had to reassign it a few times}

3. Close/Open D/S and see if the problem is fixed.

It is not a good idea to mix isntallation methods, it can easily cause problems.

• That may be for many people so, however I couldn't find that silly Blender Bridge until I manually installed the files where it made sense to put them. {had to use DIM to download and tried installing 3 times with DIM and gave up on it for installing. Opened the zips and did it myself.}