Tried Parenting and...

Hey, I am fairly experienced in Daz, but for the life of me I cannot get a standalone prop to tie properly to my model. No matter what I parent the prop to (tried fit to and the model morphs to unrecognizable proportions), it auto repositions, and I cannot properly position it. It's a pair of wings, and the model is Aiko 7. Anyone please help?

Comments

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,438

Wings sometimes fit to the character, sometimes they parent to the chest, or upper chest for those with upper and lower. Sometimes you have to manually reposition simple parented wings to make them look right, which you can do because they are parented, not fit. Sometimes there are morph adjustments to fit various characters. Which wings are we talking about?

• NorthOf45 said:

Wings sometimes fit to the character, sometimes they parent to the chest, or upper chest for those with upper and lower. Sometimes you have to manually reposition simple parented wings to make them look right, which you can do because they are parented, not fit. Sometimes there are morph adjustments to fit various characters. Which wings are we talking about?

Fae wings by Darkworld designs. They fit Victoria 4, which for some odd reason disappeared from autiofit.

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,438
    edited October 2022

shilar_aa3b93f9ab said:

NorthOf45 said:

Fae wings by Darkworld designs. They fit Victoria 4, which for some odd reason disappeared from autiofit.

Oh, those are, um, not new, but I have a one from the same vendor of similar vintage, Night Wings. They don't fit to or parent to any G3 figure by themselves, but you can parent them manually. They do drop down quite a bit when you do that, but you can just translate them into place. Using auto-fit will keep the morphs, but basically strip any bones (and rigging) which makes posing impossible.

Post edited by NorthOf45 on
  • To change an object's parent without having it reposition itself in the scene, make sure "parent in place" is selected.