DeForce broken on NVIDIA Driver 522.25

I just updated to the new NVIDIA Driver 522.25 and DeForce no longer works, I get an error message. This is the case in both Daz Studio 4.20 and 4.21.

To fix this I had to roll back the Driver to the previous version.

Comments

• Yeah, had same issue.
    Saw fanfare about new 522.25 speeding up cpu pipeline to GPU for several rtx games.
    Nvidia must have "clipped" whatever software was needed for dForce in DS.
    Rolled back - error gone - dF worked again.

Hopefully forum mods (hi Richard) /DAZ staff see this lil factoid and talk to Nvidia to figure what the remedy is going forward.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

The days when an update gave the user new and improved experience and possibilities ended at the turn of millenia...

The Nvidia drivers may assume a certain version of Iray, while DAZ may not be there yet with the version of Iray in DS.

If one doesn't actually have problems that are caused by the GPU drivers and can't be fixed by using older drivers, there is no sense in updating the drivers the minute they are released.

• May assume or maybe not assume.  With new CPU streamlining initiatives only the architects can say.  Never saw this issue before with already working cards, so worth noting.

'Fun' is that for some of us, nvida drivers are for not just DS.  So sense for one, maybe not be sense for other.

There will always be early adopters, the main group,and the late adopters.   All part of the fun. :)

• Nathy DesignNathy Design Posts: 1,166

I have the same problem so i changed driver, i use studio driver and not gamer driver. I hope it will be better.

• LauritaLaurita Posts: 212
    edited October 2022

nVidia Studio Drivers 517.40 doesn't play ball either.

Edit: Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. Kinda difficult to reproduce, and in many cases very strange results like increasing the size to the n-th degree. With dforce default settings, that is. Puzzling.

Post edited by Laurita on
  • AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,404

Laurita said:

nVidia Studio Drivers 517.40 doesn't play ball either

I have the 517.40 simulation works just fine. 

2022-10-13.png
    1920 x 1080 - 327K
  • KeikuKeiku Posts: 143

Laurita said:

Edit: Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. Kinda difficult to reproduce, and in many cases very strange results like increasing the size to the n-th degree. With dforce default settings, that is. Puzzling.

I'm on 517.48 Game Drivers and that seems to work just fine. From what I understand the only difference between Game and Studio drivers is the stability. You could perhaps switch to Game now, and back to Studio later once this is fixed.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,854

I have 516.93 Studio Driver, and it also is doing dForce and rendering fine in DS 4.21.0.5.

• joostjoost Posts: 11

same issue:

logs got spammed with:
    2022-10-15 12:29:35.643 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\src\dzopenclkernelfactory.cpp(32): Open CL notify: Unknown error executing clFlush on NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 (Device 0).

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,873

Laurita said:

I'm using 517.40 with 4.21 and a GTX 1070, no particular dForce errors but I'm getting odd results when simulating.  Not sure if it's related though.